• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Time flies

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
When I was a dumb kid with unrestricted internet access I wanted to play smash more and find people to fight against so I made a smashboards account. A few months later squidboards was created as a sister site for the recently announced splatoon game. This account is older than splatoon.

I ended up on my first splatoon team before the game came out too. Found people on squidboards to play with. Again, hadn’t ever played the game once. It wasn’t out yet.

Once the game did come out I ended up being pretty good, so I wanted to get involved more. Discord launched the same month as splatoon 1 actually. Most people just used Skype. General community discussions were largely there or on Squidboards for the first few months before discord was adopted.

I made a post on squidboards about adopting a league. Turns out Njok, Demi, and some others were making one. I was a total clueless idiot, and probably hindered more than I helped, but getting to write the rules for LUTI was a great first collaborative passion project. It’s so cool how it’s still going strong.

I dunno why squidboards is getting all this activity again, but I’m probably not gonna use this account after I post this. Nevertheless, here’s what my about me said back then. I’m 22 now. Still the best N-Zap in NA though.

-Tyflo

Attachments

Setu

Oh yeah I feel you on this, coming back here is definitely a nostalgia trip. Just remembering back to SND days myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom