• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tips of the Day

\_MAGIC_/

Inkling
NNID
Xx_SwiftStar_xX
These 4 tips may be targeted for inklings just inking the surface of Splatoon, but these tips can help you really up your game.

Tip #1: Ever see those pesky rollers coming at you and your in a bad spot, corned, out of ink, or any other bad place to be in with a roller, there is one simple step to avoiding a tragic event. You can jump over rollers! This will get those pesky rollers, to stop and wait a minute, which gives you a window of time to ink them up. This works even better if you are just jumping out of squid form because you have more momentum to get farther away from hem. If you're a roller reading this, the thing that you can do is, quickly turn around and then splat them.

Tip #2: On Saltspray Rig, the moving platforms just below the middle of the map, can be a pain to wait for, but while covering some turf one day, I found that the ink can go on to the pipes, which also means in squid form you can jump into the pipes and ride up, which is much faster than the platforms. Pipes can also be found through the stage, make sure to use them to your advantage!

Tip #3: Also on Saltspray Rig, there is a crane, carrying a platform, torwds the end of the rig, and it is circling lots of free turf. If you climb up the boxes and wait for the platform to come to you, you can jump on the platform and start moving around at rapid speeds, letting you spread ink as fast as a roller and get you to some nifty vantage points. Also did I mention that you can shoot ink through right below you?

Tip #4: Every place your special in a bad position or you just threw that sub-weapon in a random place? Well on the newest stage, Port Mackeral, you can take advantage of that moving vehicles by placing certain sub-weapons and specials on the top or front of it, letting them move freely across the stage. This is extremely useful for the special, Killer Wail, because the long sound waves cover a lot of area, and if you have them moving, that is a lot of inkling splats. This property also applies to most sub-weapons. For example the ink-shield can damage your foes, almost killing them instantly.

No with this acquired knowledge, use it wisely to be in control of the spat zone, or to cover the most turf.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
> First message
> Gives helpful tips

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure someone will find this useful.

dontcaresomuch

Inkling
NNID
EvanLaybourn91
Hey, nice! I never thought about the jumping over rollers bit, seems like a pretty great solution now that I think about it. I'm gonna try to implement that into my playing, thanks so much for the tips!

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Jumped over a roller yesterday. Was so excited to discover this was possible that I didn't notice they had turned around until I was a splatter on the ground.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jumping also screws over unprepared chargers (I speak from experience). There was this person who I couldn't kill to save my life (literally), because they kept jumping like a frog (coincidentally their team's color was green).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom