• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Top Five Weapons you don't Like Going Against

NNID
Geomancy-paw
1) E-liters.
I'm learning one myself but I will forever hate fighting these suckers. I especially hate the psychic ones that predict your every move and can basically pick you off from across five football fields without even blinking.

2) Tentateks
I hate Inzookas. Everywhere in TC.

3) Luna Blasters
Again, everywhere in TC

4) Carbon Rollers
I'm bad at CQC so these guys just kick my *** all the time

5) Things with Splash Walls, but especially Gals and Bento Splat Chargers
The fact that someone decided that giving a charger a Splash Wall was a good idea is just diabolical, okay. :v

Maave

Inkling Commander
Depends what I'm using

short range guns:
1) Dynamos
sometimes there's no way to get near them.

long range guns:
1) Range Blaster
2) Rapid Blaster / Pro
3) E-Liters
the long range blasters will wreck a sniper pretty quick.
E-Liters are annoying the for that first splat when I don't even see them, but once I'm in the "don't get sniped" mindset they're not difficult at all. Still, annoying.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
1. Custom Hydra: they're hard enough to approach as it is, plus the fact that they have Bubbler at hand.
2. :wst_roller_brushnormal00:: while I don't have much trouble against these while using blasters, I often find them hard to hit with Tentatek.

Those two are pretty much the only ones I really don't like going against, but to finish off the top 5:
3. :wst_shot_gravity00:: insane time to kill that can make it hard to react to at time.
4. :wst_charge_longscp00: : similar to Custom Hydra except burst bombs (I find Kraken on the Custom to be easier to bait out and hide/run from).
5. :wst_roller_heavy00:: they can be hard to approach sometimes.

NNID
Geomancy-paw
1. Custom Hydra: they're hard enough to approach as it is, plus the fact that they have Bubbler at hand.
2. :wst_roller_brushnormal00:: while I don't have much trouble against these while using blasters, I often find them hard to hit with Tentatek.

Those two are pretty much the only ones I really don't like going against, but to finish off the top 5:
3. :wst_shot_gravity00:: insane time to kill that can make it hard to react to at time.
4. :wst_charge_longscp00: : similar to Custom Hydra except burst bombs (I find Kraken on the Custom to be easier to bait out and hide/run from).
5. :wst_roller_heavy00:: they can be hard to approach sometimes.
I think it's great that someone has enough experience fighting Hydras to say that they hate them XD
That being said, I'll take you on in a fight with mine x)

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I think it's great that someone has enough experience fighting Hydras to say that they hate them XD
That being said, I'll take you on in a fight with mine x)
I don't know if I really hate them lol, they're just my least favorite to go against.
And I haven't really had the chance to play lately, but I wouldn't mind fighting you. Add me if you want and we'll play as soon as I get the chance :)

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I think it's great that someone has enough experience fighting Hydras to say that they hate them
I think there are a decent amount of Custom Hydras in S+, depends on the map/mode, but Cydra (Custom Hydra) is good pretty in most circumstances, and I think us Cydras are getting better, the amount of aggressive Cydra plays I've seen is really interesting, and I think this weapon has a lot of space to grow still, especially since it was the last weapon released before Sheldon's Picks, and even the vanilla was second to last of the new weapons (sloshing machine was a few days later) so we still haven't had it for the same amount of time as most other weapons. I mean I didn't take Hydra seriously until Custom came out, and then they gave the weapon some more potential when they gave it a 3 shot kill at full charge. I've maxed out the points on it, and I still am learning every time I play it, the variety in Cydra playstyle, and gear builds is extraordinary, and I look forward to where it is going in the meta.

Last edited:
NNID
Geomancy-paw
I think there are a decent amount of Custom Hydras in S+, depends on the map/mode, but Cydra (Custom Hydra) is good pretty in most circumstances, and I think us Cydras are getting better, the amount of aggressive Cydra plays I've seen is really interesting, and I think this weapon has a lot of space to grow still, especially since it was the last weapon released, and even the vanilla was second to last of new weapons (sloshing machine was a few days later) so we still haven't had it for the same amount of time as most other weapons. I mean I didn't take Hydra seriously until Custom came out, and then they gave the weapon some more potential when they gave it a 3 shot kill at full charge. I've maxed out the points on it, and I still am learning every time I play it, the variety in Cydra playstyle, and gear builds is extraordinary, and I look forward to where it is going in the meta.
Yeah, you're right on all accounts. I was just saying that because finding a Hydra (which are usually Customs anyway) anywhere is rare, especially skilled ones, and when you do see them, they disappear after one or two matches like ghosts... in my experience anyway :P

That being said, I do think people underestimate them quite a bit... I think the range on this thing and the fact that it can still splat at close range if you're careful is enough to throw some folks off, lol.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
  1. Scoped E-Liters
  2. Regular E-Liters
  3. Inkzookas (in general)
  4. Rapid Blaster Pros
  5. I guess Dynamos? They're not an immediate threat to me, but my teams always struggle against them, forcing me to deal with the rest of the enemy team :confused:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Here's the weapons I hate going up against when I'm using a Custom Jet Squelcher:
1) :wst_charge_long00::wst_charge_long01::wst_charge_longscp00::wst_charge_longscp01: This is pretty self explanatory. I hate going up against E-liters unless I happen to be using the weapon myself. While the Custom Jet Squelcher was made to take on chargers, I don't always have enough time to get four shots in before they splat me, even when I get them by surprise. I find this becoming less of a problem the more I use the Custom Jet Squelcher, but sometimes it can be really bad when you occasionally end up in that one lobby with the insanely good sniper.
2):wst_charge_normal00::wst_charge_normal01::wst_charge_normalh::wst_charge_normalscp00::wst_charge_normalscp01: (and Bento Splat Chargers/Splatterscopes) Pretty much the same thing I said about E-liters, except these things can charge faster and the Bento ones from Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 are a nightmare sometimes with their splash walls.
3):wst_shot_heavy01: .96 Gal Decos (not so much with the original .96 Gal) are a pain for me because... Actually, everything about them is a pain. Despite their extremely slow fire rate, it only takes two shots to splat and the range is pretty good for an automatic shooter. A two shot splat paired with a splash wall (and possibly having their kraken charged) is a nightmare for a weapon with a somewhat slow fire rate and a four shot splat. Even when I have my kraken charged and they don't, I often don't have enough time to activate it because the .96 usually gets two shots in before I have enough time to properly react. While a .52 can also be a pain, I usually don't find them to be much of a problem because of their shorter range.
4):wst_roller_heavy00::wst_roller_heavy01: While Dynamo Rollers usually aren't too big of a problem, a lot of times I find myself misjudging how far they can flick ink. Even when I'm trying to take advantage of the slightly longer range I have and how slow Dynamo Rollers are, they still occasionally take me down with them. It surprises me every time. Clearly I need to get to know Dynamo Rollers better.
5):wst_shot_expert00::wst_shot_expert01: With their range being close to the Custom Jet Squelcher's and having the same exact fire rate, sometimes it can really suck when you're up against one of these since the Splattershot Pros take ones less shot to splat an opponent. (It really sucks when your kraken isn't charged and when you don't have quite enough ink in the tank to throw a burst bomb.)

While I hate going up against these weapons, I always find a way. I have to find a way. My Custom Jet Squelcher is my companion for life and I know she won't ever let me down.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
3):wst_shot_heavy01: .96 Gal Decos (not so much with the original .96 Gal) are a pain for me because... Actually, everything about them is a pain. Despite their extremely slow fire rate, it only takes two shots to splat and the range is pretty good for an automatic shooter. A two shot splat paired with a splash wall (and possibly having their kraken charged) is a nightmare for a weapon with a somewhat slow fire rate and a four shot splat. Even when I have my kraken charged and they don't, I often don't have enough time to activate it because the .96 usually gets two shots in before I have enough time to properly react. While a .52 can also be a pain, I usually don't find them to be much of a problem because of their shorter range.
The Jet Squelcher is one of the few weapons with which I never think twice before shooting a Kraken trying to get me. It's long range and decent enough rate of fire pretty much spell doom for the Kraken user unless they pull away before their special ends. I even held back a Kraken at close range with the thing, and that was before the first round of Kraken nerfs came by o_O

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Maybe I could have explained that a little better. It's not holding back the kraken that's the problem. I'm just saying it's a pain how on top of two shot kills, good range, and splash walls they also have a kraken to fall back on in case they end up in a tough situation. But like you said, it's still easy to take them out because of the Jet Squelcher's long range. It's the .96 itself that's the real pain, not so much the kraken.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
Here are my top 5 picks of the weapons in Splatoon that get on my nerves

1. Any e liters (I have a personal Vendetta against them)
  2. The Dynamo rollers (as much i try to flank and Dodge them. They always seem to keep killing me)
  3. Sloshers (for me I always hate it when someone throws ink over a wall and splats me)
  4. Luna blasters (there is no words how much i hate these things)
  5. Gal's both .86 & .96 (as a former main of the 96 gal I can assure you getting splattered by any of the gals is no fun)

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
In S rank:

1. :wst_shot_expshort00:/neo
2.:wst_shot_gravity00::wst_shot_gravity01::wst_shot_heavy01::wst_roller_compact00:
3.:wst_shot_normal01:
4.:wst_charge_longscp00:
5.:wst_shot_explong01::wst_shot_explong00:/Grim :wst_roller_heavy01::wst_roller_heavy00:/Tempered

Mostly anything else I can handle :3

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Crash Blaster.

However, any weapon has potential to be annoying on the hands of a competent player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom