• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Translation thread: Getting involved with Japanese community

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe
I'm translating stuff.
it features stuff about Splatoon tournaments in Japan, same with http://ikazok.net/ which is a website where you can interact with Japanese players for Squads or Scrims. I'll make a better guide for the site sometime soon, it is a little poverty

Every 3 months I will archive a google document that lists some tournaments and how to register/explain rules/etc

Dec 2015 ~ Feb 2016
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KHJrK_o5CuvNoPZzp9JO4Oz0zUcXxXHoGpYcKjQQeKw/edit

Major Tournament list so far:
Western Results for iOS5
5th place Name Subject to Change
James
PKfuzzy
Sendou
Walkman04
9th place Team Paradise
Dude
Ezreal
Symph
tp.LittleSoundDJ
33rd place ASS1
DTM
Manabe
Sly
swifT
64th place - Team Ocelot
CryptikSpoon
Odin
Polysaw
Xena
Nintendome DQ'd?

Western Results for Apple Cup
1st in Pool, Lost in Quarter Finals: Name Subject to Change
James
PKFuzzy
Sendou
Nikey

3rd in Pool: ASS1
DTM
Manabe
Sly
Vesetnet

http://challonge.com/AppleCupAss1/groups
http://tour-lewis.appspot.com/user/ymFt

There is a FAQ, but you can ask things here too.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Yeah 189 teams is ginormous. Should definitely make it easier to get hooked up with squads and such.

Rockin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rockin_Rizon
since people like to gawk at the huge tournament thing that's happenned...

I have a question or two myself

1) will you be the only on translating this, or will you have others help you?

2) will you be translating just the google documents, or are there other stuff you plan on translating?

Dandy

Inkling
Yay for real translations. I'm often too lazy to read the rules for the lesser tournaments. (ノ´∀`*)

189 is pretty small considering iOS4 had 326, but it is getting close to New Years.
Splatoon has a huge competitive audience in japan. Wonder what needs to change to help the west get these numbers.
I think part of it has to do with Twitter. It's very popular in Japan and it's easy to spread information around with it. I don't feel like the West does stuff like that.

Do we have a calendar that lists all the tournaments? 2ch links this one.

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe
@Rockin
1. It's just me at the moment.
2. I think you are confused, I'm making google documents, they are a compiled list of Japanese tournaments from either cyac or ikazok

---
iOS is a monthly tournament, big things to note are
-No DC replays
-Alpha/Bravo side switching every game matters to some teams, so make sure to handle that
-Turf war is included and most tournaments seem to have random map/modes each time.

In other news i put up the results to the teams that entered iOS so congrats to everyone

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Nice to see manabe posting this here. Seeing as several western teams are trying to break into the Japanese scene and NSTC had an incredible run today in IOS

It be awesome to see some other teams attempt to play Japanese tournaments as well. Having both communities be more interactive will be very beneficial for both of us. Especially when the western scene is dwindling imo.

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Nice to see manabe posting this here. Seeing as several western teams are trying to break into the Japanese scene and NSTC had an incredible run today in IOS.
Thank you Manabe and also Zubola, we had an awkward spot at the beginning because first 2 teams were no shows - we wouldn't have been able to communicate these issues without them.

Overall the trickiest part of Japanese tournaments is just finding out about them and signing up - which this document covers. Once you get in their tournament chat room and start playing it's simple.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Glad to see this is here! I have no idea why I missed this, but I think we should definitely involve some more western teams in Japanese tournaments.

Momo

Inkling
NNID
cyan-greene
This is a good move for the community as a whole, involving east and est teams. I hope you get some help with such a large undertaking ( once i learn the language ill try! )

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe
Updated 1/25/2016
- Stickied (Thanks)
- Included Translation & Results for Apple Cup
- Included Information & Translation for SyCUP 4 (Splat Zones only Tournament)

As stated after Feburary will be a second document to not be a mess.

ADN

Inkling
NNID
adangurrola
Wow kaori, all this thing you are doing is pretty awesome :O

btw in this sentence i cannot see the x-y to replace on japan letters or you means ○-○ is x-y ?

Team A beat Team B, the score was x-y.

“「Match○○ チームA 対 チームB は チームAが勝利、

スコアは ○-○ で結果入力完了しました。」”

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe
Wow kaori, all this thing you are doing is pretty awesome :O

btw in this sentence i cannot see the x-y to replace on japan letters or you means ○-○ is x-y ?

Team A beat Team B, the score was x-y.

“「Match○○ チームA 対 チームB は チームAが勝利、

スコアは ○-○ で結果入力完了しました。」”

Yes it is the lattter. It means X-Y

Reyrey

Inkling
NNID
WreckItRey
Jeez this is cool. I have a friend in animal crossing on my 3DS and got to go to 7/11 RV. I also have 4 random friends on miiverse that are Japanese but idk how to talk or ask them if they want to do squad battle or private battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom