Tricolor inspired tournament format

TheKAmiKaZESquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kamibear00
Would anyone here be interested in joining a tournament format based off of Tricolor battles? My tournament called Ink³Fest, and it features a rotating 4v2+2 format that draws its inspiration from Tricolor turf wars that were introduced in Splatoon 3. Ink³Fest is a weekly tournament featuring 4 rounds (the first 3 of which are qualifiers) of 3 games each with the top 3 teams advancing to the 4th round to compete for the weekly title.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or if I've piqued your curiosity, please join our discord server here https://discord.gg/xjqXXRcjd9
if you have any further questions, I would be happy to answer them.

HoeenHero

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4576-2321-2232
Out of curiosity, how does a 4v2v2 work in private battles since you can't have 3 teams outside of actual tri-color battles?

TheKAmiKaZESquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kamibear00
I hope this graphic explains things but basically one team has 4 players and the other 2 teams, team up with 2 players each. then for the next game another team has 4 players and the other 2 teams, pair up with 2 players each, and so on.

Attachments

HoeenHero

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4576-2321-2232
Thats not a bad way of doing things, thanks for sharing!

TheKAmiKaZESquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kamibear00
Thats not a bad way of doing things, thanks for sharing!
Thank you, creating a new tournament format has definitely presented some unique challenges. most of which are just getting people interested. As trying something that goes against convention is not something many are inclined to do. But those intrepid souls who do, most find the format fun and challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom