• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Turf War Matchmaking??

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
Is there even matchmaking in turf war?
I'm lvl 30 and played the last game but maybe 80% of the time I'm not playing with friends I get put with players who are definitely new at the game and not very challenging.

And yes I could play ranked and I do but I also want to play turf war. Does anyone have any idea how matchmaking works? I've gotten my vibe to super fresh on a lot of different weapons but I still get poor level 1's haha.

I like to practice different weapons in turf war and it's really not much practice when the people in ranked/league battles at S-S+3...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Can I trade players with you? Turf has been inkredibly brutal for me pretty much since a few days after launch. My win rate is about 50/50, sometimes more, sometimes less, meaning I can't get many freshness bonuses because they are always thwarted.

And this isn't me being a bad player. I have been so successful in ranked I honestly feel more confident and comfortable in my ability to succeed there than in turf. Which is probably better for me in the long run, but I would love to just chill in turf war too and experiment more with weapons.

Speaking of Turf War match making, how is everyone's wait times for Turf matches? I rarely get one filled in less than 30 seconds it seems, whereas I click on ranked and my lobby is full within 10 seconds almost every time.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
@Hero of Lime

I'd gladly trade I just want to get better before I start getting people who are incredibly good in turf wars and I'm stuck around the same level because I keep getting baby squids...

I can see how it would seem like having baby squids to practice on may seem nice, I thought that too but 80% of the time I play alone is just too much.

And same, some of the rooms even time out. I almost wonder if all the experienced players play ranked more often?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
And same, some of the rooms even time out. I almost wonder if all the experienced players play ranked more often?
I know I do. Ranked is far more fun and interesting than Turf, which is unfortunate since I would like both to entertain me to the fullest in their own special ways.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
AFAIK the matchmaking in TW is practically nonexistent. I don't know whenever it's because there are too few people playing TW to make proper matchmaking possible or if the matchmaking is just that bad. It was a known issue in Splatoon 1 aswell.

I don't have this issue in Ranked where player levels are roughly evened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom