Two Player Online Option?

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and Call of Duty all have something in common - they have an option to where you and a friend can get online and play together against other people. Me and my sister love to play games where you can do that, so we are just hoping there will be an option for that on Splatoon. Do you think there will be?

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Hm, I feel like Battle Dojo was included because they couldn't figure out a way to include splitscreen online. It's unlikely

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
We can't really know for sure right now.

We know that the gamepad is one of the main components of online play, with a lot of major tactical advantages (map, super jump, etc.) I'd really like to see the Wii U Pro controller be supported in some way online (I'm aware that it's compatible with Battle Dojo, and possibly Single player as well).

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The GamePad is necessary for effective play, and anyone without it would be at a great disadvantage. So no, there won't be any mode that lets you go online with a person sitting next to you - not at launch, anyway.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
If this feature was in the game they would of announced it in the direct. I doubt it.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
It's a shame they're pushing the gamepad so hard, if a player wants to be at a disadvantage but play with the pro controller they should be allowed, most online shooters have you change class by pausing and it works well enough so I'm sure the teleport could be implemented in a way other than the game pad.

But of course two player online being impossible doesn't help. Even if you manage to have two gamepads, you can't connect two to a Wii U at once, which just seems ridiculous tbh.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's not a feature, not at launch at least. This is just speculation but just about every bit of evidence points to this so far unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom