Using specific gear sets/abilities to create classes

nefariousshyguy

Inkling
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
Although your character is completely customizable in Splatoon, the TF2 player in me can't help but make up classes with certain gears and abilities.

I know it will be difficult to create classes since you have to use weapons as sets and abilities are random, but through effort I'm sure you can at least come close to the class-based loadouts I have made up here. Most are based off of TF2:

Scout:
Purpose: Uses speed to act as a first response and distract enemies.
Main: Shooter
Sub: Burst Bomb
Special: Bomb Rush
Abilities: Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, Quick Respawn, Quick Super Jump, Opening Gambit

Offense:
Purpose: Kills players and attacks enemy territory
Sub: Splat Bombs
Special: Inkzooka
Abilities: Damage Up, Ink Recovery Up, Special Charge Up, Special Duration Up, Ink Resistance Up

Tank:
Purpose: Uses large supply of ink and defensive attributes to back up the team
Sub: Sprinkler
Special: Kracken
Abilities: Ink Saver (Main), Ink Saver (Sub), Ink Recovery Up, Defense Up, Last-Ditch Effort

Inker:
Purpose: Tries to spread as much ink as possible across the map
Main: Roller or Aerospray MG
Sub: Seeker
Special: Inkzooka
Abilities: Opening Gambit, Ink Saver (Main), Bomb Rang Up, Ink Recovery Up, Quick Respawn

Demoman:
Purpose: Uses explosives to spread ink and kill players.
Main: The Blaster
Sub: Ink Mine or Suction Bomb
Special: Ink Strike
Abilities: Bomb Range Up, Bomb Sniffer, Ink Saver (Main), Special Charge Up, Special Saver

Engineer:
Purpose: Supports the team with machinery.
Sub: Squid Beakon
Special: Killer Wail
Abilities: Special Duration Up, Special Saver, Special Charge Up, Recon, Defense Up

Support:
Purpose: Protects the team
Sub: Splash Wall
Special: Bubbler
Abilities: Tenacity, Special Saver, Special Duration Up, Special Charge Up, Quick Respawn

Sniper:
Purpose: Kills players at a distance
Main: Charger
Sub: Disruptor
Special: Echolocator
Abilities: Damage Up, Ink Saver (Main), Ink Saver (Sub), Special Charge Up, Special Duration Up

Spy:
Purpose: Attacks through stealth
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Echolocator
Abilities: Ninja Squid, Stealth Jump, Haunt, Recon, Cold Blooded

What other classes can you come up with? Do you think it would be cool if we made up a Highlander mode (Each team having the same 4 classes)?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat, but uh.. you can't change loadouts in Splatoon, sorry. :confused:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But... the lack of classes is one of the best things about Splatoon.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
REALS? Do you at least have the opportunity to pick the load out once the stage has been decided?
I'm fairly sure you equip your loadout in the tower, so no.

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
I think Scout would use the Inkbrush because of the speed. And it's good at poking and distracting, so it plays a lot like the tf2 scout as well

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
REALS? Do you at least have the opportunity to pick the load out once the stage has been decided?
You pick your loadout before the stage is decided, but because the maps are on rotation (two different maps every four hours) you can probably prepare for what's coming.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In theory, I guess you can use the clothing abilities to help, but you can't really do much with it.

In the end, everyone on a team will probably be given a "class" or more accurately a role they play in each team. And people will probably find the best stuff to help fill that role.

Also, the Classic Squiffer is totally a spy type weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom