vanilla dynamo team comps?

muttn

Inkling
As a die hard dynamo fan, I’ve been spending a couple weeks desperately creating a silly rough draft powerpoint to convince my team that vdynamo isn’t the absolute worst thing in the world + they should Totally let me play it every now and again :) ( fighting a losing battle I know, but I wanna try my best :,) )I’m at the point where I’m coming up with team comps to work around it, but I’m having trouble coming up with anything besides dynamo, red pencil, shot, and some fourth thing I cant think of ToT.

So does anyone have any ideas for a vdynamo comp? im specifically looking for zone specific comps, but comp suggestions for other modes are also appreciated 🙏

Beat0s

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-2512-8228-1908
what weapons does your team play?

Entomolojest

Inkling
Pronouns
she/they/whatever
Omg hiii Muttn crazy seeing you here!!!

My first team, ever the insane div11s, actually did cook with our one-trick vdynamo. If you like to play hyper aggressive, you could go with our one-two combo of RP vdyanmo and cooler-spam zap! The other two weapons can be flexible, but the backbone is those two, constantly rotating coolers when the other's runs out.

Here's the zap kit straight from my sendou page
Go get 'em, tiger shark!
Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 16-09-55 Entomolojest sendou.ink.png

Ravioli

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7782-9746-0979
We have a one trick dynamo on our team, and we often run ballpoint, shot/ttek and some sort of skirmisher weapon (dualies, brush, etc.) with it and it's been working pretty well.

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
Might be possible to do a vdynamo + 5B and then a slayer/skirmisher pair

zyf_

Pro Squid
dynamo pros: solid chip damage output around lots of geometry -> makes it feel unsafe everywhere. has cooler and solid paint output if not challenged
dynamo cons: you die if you press the b button wrong (vertical flick), slow to rotate, vulnerable if rushed

one combo that has been very strong since splatoon 1 is dynamo + range blaster, and i imagine it'd still be strong (could also try vblaster) -- the chip damage combo around a range of geometry is really strong and blasters are premier cooler users

things like slosher/machine (or maybe something like octobrush? if you have one? but i wouldnt go out of my way for that) could also combo well with the chip damage and benefit substantially from cooler

contrary to what other people have suggested above i would *not* run another support-y weapon (zap, pencil) because then you won't have enough damage output/aggressive potential. i'd instead recommend a more mixed support-aggro like ttek or splash that can help with paint and specials and stuff, but also save the dynamo's butt if someone tries to rush it. splash is especially helpful as something that can get crab to challenge long ranged stuff aka pencil

then, since you're not running a pencil, i'd say you are probably required to run either a zooka or a charger to pressure it, so basically vshot (or squeezer if you're a real gamer, it's the better option but it's hard to use) or firefin

idk if firefin/dynamo/blaster is enough paint though, even if you run splash, so you'd have to test a bit

so final answer from me would be dynamo/rangeblaster/splash/vshot imo

Last edited:

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Most successful dynamo team in the west has been double cooler so do with that what you will. I think it makes sense as dynamo really benefits a lot from cooler to go aggro and get trades and doesn't really have the cooler output to keep up with zap, pencil or edit on its own, especially if its fighting a lot. I have watched dynamo played in jp scrims but not really pushed to the later stages of tournaments as far as I am aware, but the situation may have changed.

In an ideal world with zap/dynamo I would definitely take squeezer, covers long sight lines that dynamo can struggle with well and plays well off of dynamo chip damage. Last weapon I feel like vshot is never a wrong answer at least lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom