Weapon Balancing

PacoTaco

Inkling
NNID
PacoTaco56
This game has fantastic weapon balancing. The Splatroller might look "OP" but it is only for up close melee attacks mainly. The Splat Charger takes a little bit to fill up so it is vulnerable. The other two are great because they can take both the Splat Charger and Roller out, but they can be taken out by them. Every weapon can be taken down by every weapon and they all have their weaknesses. If you still honestly think the Splatroller is OP I don't know how you can even think that, it can be taken out so quickly due to its range. I got in a game against 4 Splatrollers and we dominated. As long as you keep them contained, they are easy to take out. Also not being able to customize your secondary and special might seem bad, but it keeps every weapon equal. If certain weapons had different secondarys they would be OP, but it is perfect. No weapon is OP as of now and it seems like it will stay that way

Makkool

Inkling
NNID
Makkool
Actually, You CAN customize which secondary or special you have, I believe they showed it off in the Nintendo Direct. So you could use The Killer Wail as a Charger. Also, although the Splatcharger may seem vulnerable at first glance, some very power plays can come out with the right skill. Exhibit A: http://gfycat.com/HeartyLiquidHarborseal Credit to Dan Salvato

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Actually, You CAN customize which secondary or special you have, I believe they showed it off in the Nintendo Direct. So you could use The Killer Wail as a Charger. Also, although the Splatcharger may seem vulnerable at first glance, some very power plays can come out with the right skill. Exhibit A: http://gfycat.com/HeartyLiquidHarborseal Credit to Dan Salvato
The specials and subs can be different depending on the weapon, but the sets are still fully locked. You can not pick and choose what special and sub you want to go along with your weapon. So yes, you may be able to use a Killer Wail with a charger but the charger may not be the one you like. It's a design choice that they balanced the different weapons and subs/specials around.

Makkool

Inkling
NNID
Makkool
The specials and subs can be different depending on the weapon, but the sets are still fully locked. You can not pick and choose what special and sub you want to go along with your weapon. So yes, you may be able to use a Killer Wail with a charger but the charger may not be the one you like. It's a design choice that they balanced the different weapons and subs/specials around.
Huh, ok I did not know that. Thank you for clarifying that for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom