Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
The Topper Bow!
Screenshot 2024-04-25 10.03.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-25 10.03.25 AM.png

this was my attempt at imagining a midline bow that actually isn't great at painting, but rather more aggressive! I wanted it to have a decently fast charge time, and the ability to carry said charge in ink like naut and goober :3

Screenshot 2024-04-25 10.03.27 AM.png
here's its kit! since stringer one-shots are hard to land in general, I thought that this aggro concept deserved the power of an angle shooter! just to let it be more well-rounded, I gave it a kraken to give it a chance against grounded enemies closing in on it. also 180P since this weapon doesn't paint the best

please tell me what you think and what you would change on the main weapon! changes on the kit are also welcome, and second kit ideas to! :3

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
my brain can't stop thinking about how the rubber band wouldn't actually bring them closer together. it's attached so close to the base that it wouldn't do anything.

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
my brain can't stop thinking about how the rubber band wouldn't actually bring them closer together. it's attached so close to the base that it wouldn't do anything.
oh oops
how would the rubber band be if it were to work? It took me an embarrassingly long time to think about just to kinda go "ehh" and put it there lmao

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I was gonna say you could put the rubber band next to the base of the bottles, then I realized the syringe things wouldn't be able to go in, so maybe put it directly on the bottles instead? but idk if that would work because since it's a rubber band, it might just always be squeezing them together.

but that won't work since the syringe plunger things (idk what to call them) would move with the lil square, so pulling the bow back wouldn't change anything about the rubber band. You'd have to put it directly on the bottles.

I do have an idea with just a regular string, but idk if that would fit with the aesthetic you're going for. It's pretty similar to what you already have with the rubber bands so I won't bother drawing a diagram and stuff.

you know, this would probably be a good idea for its own thread. I'll try not to derail this one.

as for what you should actually do, I legitimately have no idea. If I had to say something I'd say put the rubber band on the bottles themselves.

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
I was gonna say you could put the rubber band next to the base of the bottles, then I realized the syringe things wouldn't be able to go in, so maybe put it directly on the bottles instead? but idk if that would work because since it's a rubber band, it might just always be squeezing them together.

but that won't work since the syringe plunger things (idk what to call them) would move with the lil square, so pulling the bow back wouldn't change anything about the rubber band. You'd have to put it directly on the bottles.

I do have an idea with just a regular string, but idk if that would fit with the aesthetic you're going for. It's pretty similar to what you already have with the rubber bands so I won't bother drawing a diagram and stuff.

you know, this would probably be a good idea for its own thread. I'll try not to derail this one.

as for what you should actually do, I legitimately have no idea. If I had to say something I'd say put the rubber band on the bottles themselves.
yeah it’s kinda weird, thanks for throwing out ideas tho! does the tri-stringer have a mechanic on the bow that lets it do the same? if it doesn’t, i can use a “bow magic” excuse lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom