Weapon ideas (main, sub and special!)

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I've always wanted a sub that caused ink to flow out of it. It would obey gravity, so ink going over a ledge would go down the wall.

Basically, something that would cover your butt from people inking and climbing the wall you're on but can't see.

Granted, can't see too much of a use on non-chargers except maybe like the Jet Squelcher.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
For a new main weapon I can only really think of one. I bet a lot of people already thought of this, but F.L.U.D.D from Super Mario Sunshine. It will shoot a steady stream of ink and has the range of a squelcher. However it's damage output is extremely low so you will need to hit someone for a very long time to splat them. Other than that it should be one of the BEST weapons for covering turf.

For a sub weapon I was thinking of an Ink Tree. You throw a seedling and wherever it lands, a tree will instantly grow. The tree can grow onto ANY surface just like the sprinkler so the tree may be upside down, sideways, at an angle or just straight up. The tree's purpose is to be a nuisance to the enemy and a support to your team. The tree constantly drips ink so enemies trying to get by it will be hurt. It can be removed from the field by having the enemy shoot at it but it is as resilient as the splash wall. It will stay in play unless shot at, if the same player plants the tree somewhere else or gets splatted. Now here's the fun part. You and your teammates can CLIMB the tree! This can help snipers get higher ground and can be used as another hiding place for your team.

Now for a special I was thinking the Splatocopter. Now this might sound a little OP but hear me out. The Splatocopter is controlled by you. It moves the same way as you usually would with your inkling. The spinning propeller will spray little bits of ink as you move around. The Splatocopter has 3 methods of attack. Machine gun, bomb, and self destruction. You use ZL to fire the machine gun. It's rate of fire is equal to the aero spray and has the range of a regular splatershot. For the bomb you press ZL and it will drop a bomb which goes straight down and has the blast radius of a suction bomb. Now there are 2 ways of self destruction. You can either drive the splatocopter into the ground or press ZR and ZL at the same time to explode it instantly. If you let your special gauge run out without doing either ways to make the splatocopter self destruct it will simply dissipate in midair. The drawback with this special is that you are completely vulnerable while using it as your inkling will just be standing in one place holding a game pad in front of them.

So those are my ideas. Let me know what you guys think!

JetSquidRadio

Inkling
Here's my ideas:

-(Special) Mini Wailer: Like the Killer Wail but it would be a small tripod you set up, it would then do short wail-blasts in 4 directions (not all at once, one per, do it four times then disappear) be a whole lot smaller and less range but would be like shot-gun level blasts. Less distance but more radius.

-(Subweapon) "Skrubball": A ball (size slightly smaller than a volleyball) that is completely covered in a scrub-like fabric. you throw it and it bounces 2-4 times then poofs away. If you hit the button quick it's less powerful and won't go far or bounce, longer you hold it the more power and bounce it has. The special property is it doesn't come out with a load of ink, but if it bounces in Your ink it picks it up and grows in size (if it hits enemy ink all that happens is it leaves a blot of your ink).

-(Special) Bubbrella: An alternate to the bubbler, it sprouts out a stick from your tank and creates a forcefield-like umbrella over you. special deal, if you get near your opponent it will grow in size, in a way making you a walking cover.

-(Main weapon) The Krak-on Ruffer: A weapon in the brush class that resembles a floor buffer, like the gatling gun but ground based, it brushes the ground in a circular motion and if charge it (can only charge in place) it spins more rapidly, flinging a bit of ink around which won't cover but do damage to opponents. Attacking with it does a forward fling.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh hey, this thread's back! I've had a few ideas since the last time I posted here, so I'm going to drop everything in at once (WARNING: LONG POST, SPLIT UP INSIDE SEVERAL SPOILERS BELOW):

For all weapons, I'm assuming Inklings have 100 HP. I don't know for certain, but I saw it somewhere and I think it's true, so I'm going with that.

Juddge: A weapon made in the shape of cultural icon Judd! When I showed it to him, he hissed and clawed at it; I think that means he approves.
This is a weapon shaped like Judd, and you hold it on your shoulder like a Rainmaker. It kind of works like that, too: tapping ZR shoots a small ink-bullet (roughly Blaster-size) a shortish distance forward (a little longer than Aerospray distance), while charging it shoots a larger ink-blob (roughly the size of Saltspray's crane-platform, but spherical) a much longer distance forward (think E-Liter range, but a bit slower-moving than a Charger shot, since those move really fast (or at least it feels like they do) and Juddge shots... don't): All shots from the Juddge obey gravity and fall after going almost their full distance. The uncharged shots deal 49.0 damage per shot, and fully-charged shots deal 150.0 damage per shot, with the 1-shot splat threshold (without Damage and Defense Ups) being roughly around a 45% charge. The time from starting charging to having a full charge is roughly 3 seconds, and your movement speed is reduced to roughly 5% with a full charge. Uncharged shots drain roughly 6% of your ink tank, while fully-charged shots drain 40% of your tank. The idea behind this weapon is that it's a long-range Inkling-buster that can ink turf in roughly straight lines and force Inklings to move away with each shot, but gets murdered in close combat.
The Sub weapon is Disruptors, which is meant to be used to slow enemies so you can charge up for a power shot. The Special is the Inkstrike, which is meant to cover areas you can't quite reach with Juddge shots.
This loadout is more defensive, since Disruptors allow you to either attack from a distance or slow pursuers so you can escape close quarters confrontations, and Inkstrikes, while useful, are not meant to be used in the heat of battle.

Custom Juddge: A modified version of the Juddge. It works identically to the Juddge in terms of its main weapon.
Its sub is Splat Bombs, which gives you a faster close-to-mid-range option. Its Special is the Echolocator, allowing you to see attackers coming and either get away or prepare a charged shot.
This loadout is more capable of offense, having Splat Bombs for faster attacks when you don't have time to charge up, and Echolocator allows you to react to potential attackers before they reach you.

Missile Launcher Replica: A replica of an armor we found on a crashed ship! Well, the right arm's missile-propulsion device, anyway, we haven't reverse-engineered the rest of that suit yet. This weapon shoots ink-projectiles forward with almost no spread, so it's very accurate, but its power might not be that good.
The Missile Launcher Replica shoots ink-filled bullets at a fairly slowish speed (a little faster than .96 Gal speed), but shoots to roughly Bamboozler range. The damage on each shot is 49.0 (so, a 3-shot). You can shoot 49 shots before running too low to continue firing. While firing, your movement speed is reduced to 90%. The idea of this weapon is that it has very long range and is very mobile, but fires slowly and isn't good at close combat.
The Sub weapon is the Ink Missile. It fires an ink-filled missile straight forward that flies fairly quickly and explodes in a Blaster-shot-size explosion upon reaching its maximum range (about 0.3 lines longer than E-Liter range) or colliding with a surface or Inkling. Hitting with the missile itself deals 150.0 damage, while a near-miss deals 90.0 damage and the edge of the blast deals 40.0 damage. Each missile consumes 75% of your ink tank per shot. The concept here is that the missile is purely for offense, since it can't ink turf except with the explosion but deals very high damage.
The Special is the Pressurized Ink Cannon. Activating this Special makes you fire a constant (and thin) stream of ink to just Splat Charger range for the duration, dealing 80.0 damage roughly every 10 frames (so, a 2-shot in roughly 1/3 of a second). However, while firing the Plasma Cannon, you cannot turn into squid-form and your movement speed is reduced to 20%. Thos Special is meant for offense, as simply sweeping it from side to side can remove Inklings and cover large areas in your team's ink
This weapon is heavily geared toward offense, with the rapid-fire main weapon barely slowing you at all, Ink Missiles letting you threaten Chargers at any range, and the Pressurized Ink Cannon to annihilate anything in front of you.
Yes, this is based on Samus Aran's Power Suit, or at least some of its functions. The main weapon is based on Samus's Power Beam, the Sub is her Missiles, and the Special is her Plasma Beam (perhaps more the Flamethrower from Metroid Prime, that's certainly possible).

SquidForce Missile Launcher Replica: We've made some headway on deciphering the abilities of that armor we found in the ocean, and top gear brand SquidForce made an alternate Missile Launcher Replica with more... familiar weapons, to replicate some of the more recently-discovered abilities. This means it comes with Ink Mines and the Kraken, and a SquidForce insignia on the cannon. (Yes, you could probably fold into a ball like that suit does since you don't have bones, but SquidForce went with the Kraken; safety reasons, they said)
This functions identically to the Missile Launcher Replica, but has a more defensively-inclined loadout.
The Sub weapon is Ink Mines, meant to block off an area from enemies or splat enemies who get too close while splatting you.
The Special is Kraken, meant to be used when you're outgunned or just need extra mobility.
The SquidForce loadout is more inclined toward defensive play than the original, with Ink Mines to drop where enemies want to go to block that off and Kraken to escape sticky situations with invincibility and an inability to get stuck in enemy ink.
This version of the Missile Launcher Replica references Samus's Morph Ball, with Ink Mines as a rough analogue of Bombs, and the Kraken as the Morph Ball, Boost Ball and Spider Ball all rolled into one.

Angel Bow: An odd weapon, a bow I found on the ground one day and decided to modify for use in Turf Wars. It has its quirks, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it fairly quickly!
The Angel Bow works somewhat like a Charger. Tapping ZR shoots a thin inkbolt straight forward (to roughly Octobrush-range), while holding ZR and releasing shoots a slightly wider inkbolt that flies to Bamboozler range. Any shot fired at at least 50% charge, however, has an additional effect; the inkbolt will turn up to 85 degrees in any direction (though it can't turn around) to home in on the closest kid-form Inkling, and they still ink along the ground like a regular Charger would. This allows for things like attacking around corners or over low walls. However, the damage isn't so stellar; uncharged shots deal 25.0 damage, while fully-charged shots deal 60.0 damage. However, there are some benefits; while charging, your movement speed is reduced to 75%, and the charge time is roughly 0.6 seconds, so you can shoot fairly quickly. Additionally, uncharged shots drain only 1% of your tank, while fully-charged shots drain only 10%.
The Sub weapon is Squid Beakons, allowing you to support your team or just retreat a long distance when you're about tobe outgunned or outnumbered.
The Special is Inkstrike, allowing you to attack anywhere on the map and cover turf more easily.
This weapon's loadout lets you support your team from a distance with charged shots, set up Beakons to get fallen allies back in the fight faster and drop Inkstrikes on critical areas (like Charger nests).
This is supposed to be Pit's bow, like in Smash Bros and Kid Icarus Uprising.

Dark Angel Bow: After I started selling the Angel Bow, I found this on my doorstep. It's a modified version of that bow, with more power and less homing ability, so it's good for those whose accuracy is only slightly shaky. Also, the loadout is more geared toward aggression.
The Dark Angel Bow works like the Angel Bow, but with some slight differences. For one, it drains more ink per shot, with uncharged shots taking 3% of your tank per shot and fully-charged shots requiring 25% of your tank. Also, its minimum range is about Aerospray-range, while its maximum range is Splat Charger-range. Additionally, its damage is higher, with uncharged shots dealing 35.0 damage and fully-charged shots dealing 90.0 damage per shot. Finally, the homing only goes 15 degrees, rather than 85.
The Sub weapon is Burst Bombs, useful for scoring faster splats at a distance and inking walls quickly.
The Special weapon is Inkzooka, useful for splatting foes at a distance or up close quickly.
This is supposed to be something along the lines of Dark Pit's bow from Smash Bros.

Master Brush: A very long brush with a small handle. Looks odd, and it doesn't handle like a regular Inkbrush would, but it's pretty strong!
The Master Brush is swung by tapping ZR, which performs a horizontal swing like a regular Inkbrush. The ink-fling goes out to Aerospray range (and is very wide, like 4-5 Inklings wide), but it takes as long as an Octobrush between swings. While swinging, your movement speed is reduced to 60%, it consumes 5% of your tank per swing, and it shoots a group of 7 ink-blobs (like how the Inkbrush does, but closer together), which each deal 40.0 damage. However, holding ZR doesn't run with the brush inking on the ground. Instead, holding ZR for at least 1.5 seconds slows your Inkling's movement to 25% of its normal speed as they assume a stance, and releasing ZR after the charge completes makes your Inkling perform a spin-attack, covering a circular area in ink flung as far as a Splattershot's range, dealing 160.0 damage to Inklings who touch the brush and 80.0 damage to Inklings hit with any of the ink flung by the spjn. However, this spin-attack consumes 45% of your ink with each use, and leaves you rather vulnerable, so it shouldn't be used if you think you'll be outranged.
The Sub weapon is Splat Bombs, used for mid-range combat when you don't have time for a spin-attack and to cut off escape options.
The Special is Bubbler, used to pass to teammates or for safe spin-attacks.
The idea behind this weapon is that it's a more offense-oriented Inkbrush, but with a spin on the usual Inkbrush formula with its spin-attack to ink areas quickly and deal massive damage to nearby foes, in exchange for the mobility Inkbrushes usually have. Its loadout is also good for offense, with Splat Bombs allowing you to reach enemies your swings can't, and Bubbler letting you attack with relative security for a bit.
Yes, this is Link's Master Sword as a brush..

That's all I've got at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom