Weapon Variety

Sharkpuncher

Inkling
So, as I'm sure most of us know, there's a pretty big variety of weapons in this game! So far, we know about 10 main weapons, 9 subweapons, and 7 special weapons. I just have one concern; namely, regarding main weapons...

The vast majority of the main weapons we know about so far are shooter types. Shooter types look really fun and cool, don't get me wrong, but... we have five shooters, three chargers and two rollers, not counting the paintbrush 'cause it's DLC. So, when the game first comes out, people who favor shooter types will have five weapons to choose from - the Splattershot, the Splattershot Jr., the Aerospray MG, the Jet Squelcher, or the Blaster. Roller types, meanwhile, will have to take either the standard Splat Roller or the Dynamo Roller. I dunno about you, but as someone who likes to try out lots of different weapons, that doesn't sound super exciting to me. Chargers don't have it much better, with just the Splat Charger, the E-Liter 3K, and the Splatterscope to choose from. It's technically possible that they're still hiding several weapons from us, but with the release date coming up so soon, I don't know how likely that is. I dunno about you guys, but I find this inequality in weapon distribution somewhat disconcerting. It's true that they could use DLC to equalize things, but I don't know how long that would take... what do you guys think? Are they still hiding some weapons from us, or are they planning on patching things up with DLC? Or do they just not care that much about providing an equally fun and varied game for people who prefer Chargers or Rollers in the first place?

Sharkpuncher

Inkling
Oh yeah, looks like I missed the 5.2 Gal and the Splattershot Pro. and the Classic Squiffer... 2 shooter types and one Charger, making for a total of 7 shooters, 4 chargers and 2 rollers that we (or at least I, since I could still be missing something) know about. Which means that there are more shooter types than the other types combined. So, my question still kinda stands.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Oh yeah, looks like I missed the 5.2 Gal and the Splattershot Pro. and the Classic Squiffer... 2 shooter types and one Charger, making for a total of 7 shooters, 4 chargers and 2 rollers that we (or at least I, since I could still be missing something) know about. Which means that there are more shooter types than the other types combined. So, my question still kinda stands.
There is also the inkbrush (roller type)
We have a lot of variety imo I'm sure there will be updates for more guns. The only issue I had was that you couldn't customize kits. Again, just give it time, it's still early for Nintendo pulling out all there ideas in one go.

TL:DR -> count on further updates and DLC :D

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think it's varied enough. I'm not sure there's any problem with the diversity for certain types right now. :P

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
They're going to add more gears and weaponry in the futur possibly, and they're going to mix max all of the weapon, sub weapons and special weapons so there are not just one set of weapon for that mean weapon and that's it, there's going to be more i'm sure of.

Sharkpuncher

Inkling
I dunno. Mostly at this point I'm worried about Rollers, but it looks like there are a lot of weapons that haven't really been properly cataloged yet, so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. For instance, I recently saw a post that showed a bunch of unnamed Chargers... still, I've only ever seen four rollers at this point; the standard Splat Roller, the Dynamo Roller, the Paintbrush, and the Inkling Boy Amiibo's unlockable weapon, which may/may not be a reskin.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I dunno. Mostly at this point I'm worried about Rollers, but it looks like there are a lot of weapons that haven't really been properly cataloged yet, so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. For instance, I recently saw a post that showed a bunch of unnamed Chargers... still, I've only ever seen four rollers at this point; the standard Splat Roller, the Dynamo Roller, the Paintbrush, and the Inkling Boy Amiibo's unlockable weapon, which may/may not be a reskin.
That would be terrible if there was a limited time only for a special weapon that have exclusive stats, i pray dearly to whatever gods above, that it's just more fancy looking weapory of an already existing one.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Rollers really don't seem to have that much variety, but to be fair I'm not sure what they could change on the properties, the Inkbrush is so unique it is almost a whole new class too, similar to Blasters that are bundled together with shooters but have even different stats.

They do have some of the branded weapons with different special and subs like the Krak-On Splat Roller which has Kraken as it's special, so I'm sure they'll add more of these variations at least.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Rollers really don't seem to have that much variety, but to be fair I'm not sure what they could change on the properties, the Inkbrush is so unique it is almost a whole new class too, similar to Blasters that are bundled together with shooters but have even different stats.

They do have some of the branded weapons with different special and subs like the Krak-On Splat Roller which has Kraken as it's special, so I'm sure they'll add more of these variations at least.
I never realized how lacking the roller set had in diversity.
But they might diverse it by having more different bundles to make it up for it.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I wouldn't worry too much about Shooters comprising most of the lineup, because while there are more "shooter" guns, they're almost the most diverse set of guns.

We have shooters that are long range, short range and super fast, ones that basically function as shotguns/grenade launchers... there's enough variety in the "shooter" category that it just kind of makes sense for it to be the biggest. Chargers and Rollers all kind of function in the same role (with the possible exception of the Brush, since it seems more directly offensive than the other Rollers). Every charger is meant for long-range kills, they're just different flavors of it--scope or not, longer range for longer charge, shorter range for shorter charge, etc.But shooters...

Blasters are "shooters" but distinct enough in function to easily be classified as an entirely different type of weapon. You could also probably break down the more SMG/Machine Pistol shooters from the longer-range, slower Assault Rifle-like shooters.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Weapon variety is certainly interesting so far, but yeah I do hope they have more for the roller despite me not really wanting to use them.

Like others have said, the shooters just give way for more diversity opportunities

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom