Well I had an embarrassing Turf War match

Knightcloud

Inkling
NNID
JLam487
It was at Arowana Mall. I had a slosher. The enemy had 3 chargers.

It was decent at first. I used my inkstrike in the areas where chargers are usually located. Then they took over the middle and I was a sitting duck. I can't really hide on the left side because they are shooting and throwing splat bombs. The right side and the middle is complete suicide. Can't really have the chance to build up the meter for an inkstrike.

Doesn't help with the fact that I have trolling team members.

So what can do I the future if this sort of thing happen? Minus the trolling team members of course.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Ninja Squid, Swim Speed Up, and Ink Resistance. Ink a path up to them, time your approach so that they are charging (right after they've taken a shot), pop up and burst-cancel them. It takes patience and some evasive maneuvers. Usually there is a space on either side of their ink trail that you can swim up and ambush them. Ninja squid hides your approach, swim speed gets you there quick, and ink resistance helps you keep moving if you step in their ink. Burst cancelling is the quickest way to kill with the slosher , so you'll need to practice that.

It also helps to have teammates who are actually doing stuff...

Edit: I'm assuming you're approaching the sniper from the right alleyway...

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Stack a lot of bomb range up and surprise them by attacking with a burst or suction bomb from outside of their range.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Stack a lot of bomb range up and surprise them by attacking with a burst or suction bomb from outside of their range.
I've heard of Sloshers who went with a pure Grenadier build with loads of Damage Up, Bomb Range Up, and Ink Saver Sub.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I've heard of Sloshers who went with a pure Grenadier build with loads of Damage Up, Bomb Range Up, and Ink Saver Sub.
I can't remember if it was a slosher or a carbon roller, but I was on Moray with a JS camping in the normal spot when all of a sudden a bunch of burst bombs started flying at me from the ramp across the middle. It was amazing (and hilarious). They weren't able to kill me (because when the bombs have to fly that far they are easy to dodge), but very effective at removing snipers from their perch.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not to mention Burst Bombs combo nicely with the Slosher's swing for fast doubletapping if you know the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom