• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What’s the best way to grind out levels in S2?

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I wanna buy all the weapons in S2 before it meets the same fate S1 did just yesterday, but since S3 is my first Splatoon game, I didn’t start playing S2 until I was already hooked on S3. Thus, I’m only level 16 in S2 and have bought merely 22 weapons out of the 129 weapons (that aren’t hero/octo reskins).

My question is, what’s the best way to get my levels up in the most efficient way possible in Splatty 2?

Sights

Inkling
NNID
Mr.L9000
Probably just grinding Turf War. You don't get too much, but it's the most consistent IMO. Getting at least 300XP for the time bonus and a bit more based on your turf points., and if you do win you get 600XP for winning.

Ranked gives you way more for a KO (1500XP for winning + 1000XP for the KO), but not much for being KO'ed (only 100XP per minute...). TImeout wins are not as much but still more than Turf. Ranked S2 queue in my experience is kind of a wasteland. You can get games at C or B rank (though it can depend on the time), but at A Rank I couldn't get even one person. Been like two months since I tried it, so it could be different.

Single player and DLC campaigns can also get you tickets. You can look up ticket locations on the wiki for single player, and use the vending machine for a chance at them in the DLC.

Salmon Run does give you money (and tickets sometimes), but you don't level up, so I don't think it's worth it regarding your goal.

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Probably just grinding Turf War. You don't get too much, but it's the most consistent IMO. Getting at least 300XP for the time bonus and a bit more based on your turf points., and if you do win you get 600XP for winning.

Ranked gives you way more for a KO (1500XP for winning + 1000XP for the KO), but not much for being KO'ed (only 100XP per minute...). TImeout wins are not as much but still more than Turf. Ranked S2 queue in my experience is kind of a wasteland. You can get games at C or B rank (though it can depend on the time), but at A Rank I couldn't get even one person. Been like two months since I tried it, so it could be different.

Single player and DLC campaigns can also get you tickets. You can look up ticket locations on the wiki for single player, and use the vending machine for a chance at them in the DLC.

Salmon Run does give you money (and tickets sometimes), but you don't level up, so I don't think it's worth it regarding your goal.
Oh ok, so it’s like how it is in Splatoon 3. I’ll look into the single player methods of getting level up tickets, I need to go back there to get all the hero weapons anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom