What are the best abilities for the tri slosher/zink mini splatling?

Xano

Inkling
I'm looking for builds for these two for ranked. Now sometimes you'll get very vague answers like, "you're going to want some damage up and ink recovery is always good." I need to know the number of abilities each build needs. Example: You need :ability_inkresistance:, 1 main/3 sub:ability_inksavermain:, 1 main/3 sub:ability_runspeed:, etc

Thanks for your advice!

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
I main tri-slosher and it's really good in terms of kit and offensive capabilities. I personally run:
:head_eye004::ability_tenacity:I:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Squidstar Waistcoat:ability_coldblooded:I:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed:I:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Though I would only use cold-blooded for preference. One really good replacement of the Squidstar is any shirt with a :ability_inksavermain: main on it. Tri-slosher seems to run out of ink really quickly and I die due to the sudden ink depletion. :ability_tenacity: is good to fill up the bubbler and is always good to charge up a special fast, :ability_swimspeed: you need lots of movement with the tri-slosher. Another good main investment is :ability_bombrange: as the disruptors play a crucial part in the set. :ability_inksaversub: is not necessary though. To clear up confusion, here's a summary:
Stackable Mains-
:ability_swimspeed:
:ability_bombrange:
:ability_inksavermain:
Exclusive-
:ability_tenacity:
:ability_coldblooded:(Complete preference for cold-blooded.)

Stackable Subs-
:ability_bombrange:
:ability_inksavermain:
:ability_swimspeed:
:ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialsaver:(Anything to conserve special)

The tri-slosher is always a 2 hit ko so NEVER use damage up. Avoid it if you can.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Check out the build compendium for ideas: http://squidboards.com/threads/the-what-do-i-use-with-this-weapon-build-compendium.19608/

Some examples:
For the Tri Slosher:
Studio Headphones :head_hdp000::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Linen Shirt :clothes_shirt014::ability_bombrange:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Soccer Cleats (no picture) :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

This set tries to enhance the strengths of this kit. The tri-slosher is still a two-hit splat, even if the range is a bit less than the regular slosher. This makes it a dangerous weapon in the right hands. The bomb range is for tagging foes with disruptors while special charge and special duration help get the bubbler. If you can get in close with this kit and hit the bubbler then your foes will have nowhere to run. Even without special charge the bubbler can be charged fairly easily, so consider movement speed shoes like the Red Hi-Tops or Blue Moto Boots.

For the Zink Mini:
Pilot Goggles :head_eye002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Red Vector Tee :clothes_tes013::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
White Kicks :shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Based on suggestions of @PK21. This build tries to play to the strengths of the weapon's kit. Bomb range for tagging distant enemies with disruptor. Ink saver to get a few more volleys in. Special charge and special duration to charge bubbler and keep it for longer. Speed is important to this weapon since, although it has decent range, it will often find itself in the middle of combat. So being able to quickly reposition or run-strafe is important.

Xano

Inkling
Check out the build compendium for ideas: http://squidboards.com/threads/the-what-do-i-use-with-this-weapon-build-compendium.19608/

Some examples:
For the Tri Slosher:
Studio Headphones :head_hdp000::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Linen Shirt :clothes_shirt014::ability_bombrange:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Soccer Cleats (no picture) :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

This set tries to enhance the strengths of this kit. The tri-slosher is still a two-hit splat, even if the range is a bit less than the regular slosher. This makes it a dangerous weapon in the right hands. The bomb range is for tagging foes with disruptors while special charge and special duration help get the bubbler. If you can get in close with this kit and hit the bubbler then your foes will have nowhere to run. Even without special charge the bubbler can be charged fairly easily, so consider movement speed shoes like the Red Hi-Tops or Blue Moto Boots.

For the Zink Mini:
Pilot Goggles :head_eye002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Red Vector Tee :clothes_tes013::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
White Kicks :shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Based on suggestions of @PK21. This build tries to play to the strengths of the weapon's kit. Bomb range for tagging distant enemies with disruptor. Ink saver to get a few more volleys in. Special charge and special duration to charge bubbler and keep it for longer. Speed is important to this weapon since, although it has decent range, it will often find itself in the middle of combat. So being able to quickly reposition or run-strafe is important.
I just wanted to let you know that thread you made is amazing! Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom