• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What are your thoughts about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
Hello squids and kids, InkWoomy here, and today I have a question. What are your thoughts about the game coming on the Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? There are new characters added, and the inklings have been added! There is also a new track similar to Urchin Underpass, and it's a battle track. There is also new karts/bikes too! There is the Inkstriker, the Splat Buggy, and more! You can also change the inkling's ink colour and skin tone. What are your thoughts? Comment below!

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Would have been nice to see more stages besides the battle mode Urchin Underpass track.
But, I'm always down for new characters!
I've noticed people wanting Inklings for Super Smash brothers, but Mario kart completely flew by me..
Never considered it!

Hyped for all the new characters! ♫

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Meh, I still feel it's rip off for Wii U owners. No new race tracks are coming. The new content to me looks like it could be another DLC pack that could cost like $20. But instead, it's still being sold at full price.

So unless Nintendo gives us Wii U owners an incentive for already purchasing the game, I'm not feeling too optimistic.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Honestly, yeah this does screw over Wii U owners quite a bit and I think Nintendo just doesn't care anymore. Like I'm probably gonna sell my copy of it for the Wii U and maybe get it on the Switch, same as Mario Maker, since it sounds like this expansion port will fix some of the many problems I have with the original version of 8, like battle mode being hot trash. But I was also never a fan of the original, felt like it fell flat when I found out Gamecube controller support would no longer be a thing, and also alot of the maps felt bland and samey, unlike with Mario Kart 7. Plus the online had... issues. There's also just not enough stuff here revealed to warrant a re-purchase yet. Inklings being added to Mario Kart isn't enough Nintendo. Either show me more or I'm not interested!

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Meh, I still feel it's rip off for Wii U owners. No new race tracks are coming. The new content to me looks like it could be another DLC pack that could cost like $20. But instead, it's still being sold at full price.

So unless Nintendo gives us Wii U owners an incentive for already purchasing the game, I'm not feeling too optimistic.
Actually, a part of me does agree with ya.
I feel they may also do the same for Super Smash Bros. and a few other games.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I feel they may also do the same for Super Smash Bros.
I could see Smash being a bigger issue if you take in account for someone who has purchased both the Wii U and 3DS versions, and all of it's DLC.

Unless they do release more content for those versions, then it wouldn't be such of a problem.
Or if they announce Ice Climbers as a Switch exclusive character, yeah, then that would be a problem, money-wise.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Literally my only thoughts on why I want this are that I want to play as an inkling in Mario Kart.
I'm too obsessed with inklings...
But overall I was actually surprised to just see an enhanced version of Mario Kart 8 while Splatoon has been out for a shorter amount of time and got a complete sequel.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Spending another $60 on a game I didn't care for in the first place so I can play as an Inkling isn't gonna justify making another purchase on a game I already have, just slightly updated. Just give us Mario Kart 9 Nintendo, or you know, name it something less stupid! This just seems like a waste of the consumer's money, judging on what little has been shown so far. Give it time, then make your decision!

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Inklings are tempting, but there's no denying a it's a bad deal imo. If I got enough friends who wanna play it, then I might still get it.

I mean they ride an inkstrike... C'mon!

Maave

Inkling Commander
None of my friends had a Wii U so I never got Mario Kart. Maybe I'll get this one if/when my friends get a Switch. Maybe that's the point, redemption for traitors :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom