What changes to Cooler do you want to see/think will happen?

Snikerop

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think anyone's under the illusion that cooler isn't the best special in the game at this point. Lots of people are hoping for nerfs, but I'm curious what people think will or want to happen.

I'd also love to hear elaborations on why, for both camps.

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
honestly I think they should let you paint the top and swim on it it would be funny and not totally busted

either that or nerf the special saver + quick respawn aspect of it

perhapsDust

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3370-5007-8338
Nerf special saver, increase points for special for pencil, decrease points for special for heddit and tri.

I think the only direct nerf it should get is the special saver, other than that it feels amazing to play with it, we just need more weapons other than pencil to play with it

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
The special saver and the qsj are the most silly parts of the special so nerfing that plus nerfing pencils output MIGHT be enough

perhapsDust

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3370-5007-8338
yeah, I mean I do lowkey want pencil to die so i kinda have a personal bias

I've been having to play less bp with my team recently cuz pencil is much better and since I can't play pencil im stuck with rapid deco mostly. Not only does bp and inkjet get countered by pencil but it also replaces the support, so it gives more options for fronntlines and super limits options for backlines and supports

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Personally I think Cooler is in a perfect spot as is on a purely mechanical basis, what I would probably do is make every weapon with it 200p minimum + focus on buffing other specials over nerfing Cooler. Pencil is the main offender of being able to output so many and do so safely compared to something like a nzap/dynamo/slosher that functionally has to take close range fights without a special that directly helps them win fights or prioritize farming special in safer positions which risks them missing a cruital teamfight which I think is a fine dynamic as is.

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
I would like to see the special saver go from 100% -> 70% and fix the pfs for some cooler options

Ntri: 210 -> 190
Zap: 200 -> 210
Pencil: 200 -> 210

Along with 210 for pencil, I would like to see a nerf to its painting range and it's fire rate so it doesn't invalidate every backline and support in the game

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't have any clear ideas for how to get it there, but I just want Cooler to be in a spot where it is not literally mandatory for every team to run one. I know plenty of people actually like Cooler meta like this, but teams need other options.

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Cooler is amazing for the meta and should not be touched. I have never had more actual interactions with my opponents than I have with cooler being strong. Nerf cooler -> increase the risk of taking engagements -> decrease the number of interactions -> decrease my desire to turn on my Nintendo Switch.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
Honestly I think the issue isn't that cooler is so strong, but it's the only good support special right now. Adding Regen to Ink Storm kinda made me realize we need more specials that can do stuff like that. Don't have cooler be the only option.

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Cooler is amazing for the meta and should not be touched. I have never had more actual interactions with my opponents than I have with cooler being strong. Nerf cooler -> increase the risk of taking engagements -> decrease the number of interactions -> decrease my desire to turn on my Nintendo Switch.
To elaborate on this, I think the way we give people more options so that cooler being mandatory doesn't feel restrictive as to what people can play is to give more weapons cooler, and buff the weak ones that already have it.

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
everyones saying special saver and i agree. i also think pencil should get a paint nerf as well. crazy how pencil has gone from "for the love of god buff this weapon" to "for the love of god nerf this weapon" LOL

Tac

Inkster Jr.
Yeah cooler is fun and all but honestly it feels pretty awful in solo when one team gets a cooler and the other doesn't, and I don't even think that a nerf to the special saver would fix that. But at the same time I don't want to change anything else about it because it lubricates the pace of competitive play and is exciting as hell. But yeah definitely nerf the special saver or heck, remove it completely. The quick respawn and mobility buffs are more than enough to make it valuable. And nerf pencil, obviously.

jek

Inkling
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-0781-2234-8425
i just want to be able to see it on the map lol, it would make finding it so much easier

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Yeah cooler is fun and all but honestly it feels pretty awful in solo when one team gets a cooler and the other doesn't, and I don't even think that a nerf to the special saver would fix that. But at the same time I don't want to change anything else about it because it lubricates the pace of competitive play and is exciting as hell. But yeah definitely nerf the special saver or heck, remove it completely. The quick respawn and mobility buffs are more than enough to make it valuable. And nerf pencil, obviously.
FULL agree on the pain of only the other team having cooler
I love the way the special effects the game except for the fact that if you need it you REALLY need it

Reactions: Tac

TBob408

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5648-5506-6493
idt think nerfing the qsj is necessary, but definitely nerf the saver. remember guys, we want it to be good but still punish you for dying.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i said this in another thread recently, and i don't think this is a very realistic change at all, but the #1 nerf to cooler that i'd be interested in seeing is just making respawns quicker by default when you don't have any QR. would make cooler less necessary to have because the disparity between a cooler death and a regular death becomes smaller, while not making cooler itself feel any worse. unlikely to happen though

also special saver nerf yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom