• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you do?

Blueskies

Inkster Jr.
Hello fellow Splatoon players!

Just came from another solo-ranked session that didn't go so well, so I wanted to post here to ask a question. This is going to be another question/venting about solo rank, so be aware if you're not into these types of discussions.

First, some background about myself:

Right now, I'm fluctuating between S and A+ ranks. I think that I have a firm grasp of the game at this point. I've been in tournaments, in a clan, etc.

My main goal for a while has to have be decent with all the weapons in this game. I'm aiming for at least 50 ranked battles with all weapons as well as at least 100,000 p with all weapons. I'm slowly making my way there.

Obviously, when I pick a weapon that I have less experience with, I tend to not do as well, and my rank decreases. I'm well aware of this fact, and because of this I do not expect to make it S+ for a while because I'm trying to be decent with all weapons.

But I do think that I'm good enough that I should be able to at least keep my S rank. However, I've gone from S to A+ and back to S so many times that I've lost count.

This is where things get dicey. I've always tried to play the best to my ability in matches, but what do you do when your teammates are in full kamikaze mode? This session I just had consisted of players from both S and A+ ranks just running into the kill zone and not really doing anything.

For the S and S+ ranked players, what do you do when your team isn't just working? Do you try to power your way to victory by being the driving force on your team? Do you just accept that there's nothing that you can do and still try to win with what you have?

For the S+ players, I also have some other questions: What constitutes bad decision making? Do you experiment with weapons in the higher ranks as well or just stick to the *best* ones? Am I just being silly and S rank is easy to overcome and I just need to git gud? (Honest question, really.)

Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to everyone that decides to reply to the thread; I appreciate it!

-Blue

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
When your team isnt working well, figure out why. Are they dying a lot? Go after the other teams best player. Is nobody moving toward objective? Grab the rm or get on the tower and do what u can. Virtually all issues can be traced to having less people than your opponent or not moving toward objective.

Sometimes though losses are unavoidable. With the right mix of team mates in tc or rm especially one can guarantee victory by timing specials to fire off in a synchronized fashion. When this happens its veryy difficult to achieve anything.

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom