What do you want to see in new maps?

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
Now, it's obvious that 'Splatoon' has had no shortage of new content, whether it be guns or maps, and will continue to put out new content for some time, what with the recent leaks and all. But the question I pose is this; When both camp trigger fish and skyscraper have been put out, what kinds of things/areas do you want to see in a new map?

So far, the only new maps they've added have come from the single player campaign, referring to 'Kelp Dome' and "Blue Fin Depot', and going with this mind set, I'd like to see more stuff from the single player campaign added in, such as those "Ink tight-ropes", sponges, and fan platforms. It could really add a whole new element to the game if a person had to shrink down a sponge full of another team's ink and fill it back up with their own, or have to gain control of the "Ink tight-ropes" using them as risky shortcuts which would leave you wide open and running the risk of having the "Tight-rope's" control taken by the other team, causing you to plummet to your unfortunate demise.

In addition, we saw a lot of floating, moving and even invisible platforms in the single player mode, not to mention the power buttons that could rotate a whole level, but that's a different paragraph. Anyway, the floating platforms are really just for show and stage design, but just think, a new mode that causes a rain of some sort to constantly be slowly washing away ink, and much of the stage is invisible, forcing the teams to not only shoot at each other, but to also constantly shoot at the ground in front of them.

Finally, it could be completely wicked and cruel to have shifting platforms, moved by a large button, that when shot with enough ink, does it's thing. The possibilities are endless here, sort of, in all the cases I think of, unless the platform just spins on one axis, chargers would be invaluable on stages with these, seeing as how they can safely shoot from a distance, not risking any chance to be dropped from the rotating platform, and to be easily able to shoot the buttons.

These are all just things I'd like to see in new maps, none of this is leaked or anything, so don't go thinking it's canon and get your hopes up, not that you would haha. But I'd like to find out what other people might like to see and experience in future maps in Splatoon, plus, who knows, maybe the makers of Splatoon have people secretly go on here to see what fans want in their game, and they could pick your ideas!

Last edited:

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
They mentioned that there will be far technical stages that will be added later on, camp triggerfish was the first revealed stage that was not included in the first set of stages or single player maps that included it, but elements from the single player seems to have been brought into it, like some of the totems and floor designs comes from some of the single player levels, and i remember some of them coming from the first Octosniper levels.

So some elements from the single player may have a chance of coming into a multiplayer stage in the end.

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
I'd like to see the turret from single player make it in one of the maps. Imagine the turret in the center of the map and everyone fighting for it. It'd open completely new strategy and the way you'd approach the map would be completely different and competitive.
This was a concept in one of the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer maps and was a blast.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
It'd be cool if there were different settings for a map. Like maybe daytime/nighttime, weather, holiday-based stuff, etc. I love little changes to maps like that.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
It'd be cool if there were different settings for a map. Like maybe daytime/nighttime, weather, holiday-based stuff, etc. I love little changes to maps like that.
Well they did something like a nighttime thing for Splatfest, so day/night cycle's doable. Having snow in winter would be nice too, even if it didn't affect anything. And I'm sure holiday-based stuff'll happen at some point.
I'd love for new maps to have stuff from Octo Valley. Sponges would probably be easiest to implement, growing if either team shoots them while they're at their minimum size and shrinking if shot with a different team's ink, but Inkrails could be done too, giving you easy access to higher areas or just fast map movement, preferably accessible to both teams at all times, and allowing you to jump off at any time, but you could be forced off if you get shot (Octolings can do this, so it's not a stretch for the other team to shoot you off of rails too). Not sure about invisible platforms, though maybe invisible stages could be a separate mode. And maybe have Octolings replace disconnected players too.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
I'd like to see the turret from single player make it in one of the maps. Imagine the turret in the center of the map and everyone fighting for it. It'd open completely new strategy and the way you'd approach the map would be completely different and competitive.
This was a concept in one of the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer maps and was a blast.
You played the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer? I've never met anyone who has. I have the trilogy, but can't find other people willing to play the multiplayer mode.

Anyway, on topic: I love these ideas. The singleplayer stuff feels like it could transition easily to multiplayer. I'm imagining a map made largely of a giant lattice of ink ropes over several desirable areas, or one where the center is just a grid of sponges.
Okay, maybe those would be more frustrating than fun to play, but I'm really interested in seeing what's possible with all the combinations.

On a slightly related note, I doubt this would ever happen, but it would be tons of fun to have a map maker. Then I could implement all my stupid ideas at once!

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
You played the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer? I've never met anyone who has. I have the trilogy, but can't find other people willing to play the multiplayer mode.

Anyway, on topic: I love these ideas. The singleplayer stuff feels like it could transition easily to multiplayer. I'm imagining a map made largely of a giant lattice of ink ropes over several desirable areas, or one where the center is just a grid of sponges.
Okay, maybe those would be more frustrating than fun to play, but I'm really interested in seeing what's possible with all the combinations.

On a slightly related note, I doubt this would ever happen, but it would be tons of fun to have a map maker. Then I could implement all my stupid ideas at once!
Now a map maker DOES sound cool, and you could start your own server, like in mario kart 8 where you can have your own cup, that could be awesome.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I would like to see more maps like Blackbelly Skatepark and Kelp Dome that are more centralized and have many different paths to the center chokepoint, rather than maps like Walleye and Urchin Underpass that are more linear and have less paths to the center. I love Walleye and Underpass, but I'd love to see even more of maps like Blackbelly and Kelp Dome, especially when it comes to modes like Tower Control - I feel like that mode is easier on Kelp Dome vs Walleye because in Kelp Dome it's easy to get to the tower wherever it is since it's going perpendicular to your base, whereas with Walleye you might have to go through a lot of enemy ink / you're mostly always challenging enemies head-on rather than being able to go around them.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
this so much

it's the main reason i love the Animal Crossing tracks in MK8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom