What Gear Abilities for Douser Dualies?

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
I am really enjoying this weapon. It seems to be more for area denial because it's long range. The mines are like a stay off me sub and killer wail makes people run away. Not sure exactly what it would run. Ink efficiency? It seems to run out of ink a lot. Would intensify action affect the rng or is that only for jumping or squid rolling?

Pellogram

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-7933-8673-2886
I’ve been looking into builds for the new weapons as I love the new brella, and some common abilities I see for the dousers are swim speed, ink efficiency (main), and special charge up. If you’re going for a more aggressive playstyle you could also use quick super jump to jump to a teammate if you have bad positioning or took a fight you shouldn’t have. Intensity action is not as useful on dualies as it only keeps your rng the same while jumping, and dualies tend to not jump.

Loctos

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-7397-7401
This is what I'm running
- 1.1 swim speed makes me as fast as a lightweight weapon that uses 0.2 swim speed
- 0.2 intensify decreases jump rng by a lot, which is useful because you'll be using spread mode 90% of the time with this weapon
- 1.0 run speed is just nice for movement and effectively lets you paint more
- 0.2 main saver is all you really need for ink efficiency imo
- Rest should be obvious (utility)

Attachments

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
1709532878-vitellary__sendou.ink_—_Mozilla_Firefox.png

this is what i've been running which i've found to be very nice for it. i like a lot of ink saver because even with it you can't take fights for very long, so it does help prolong uptime at least. run speed is really nice for this since you're using the dual-fire mode a lot and it does affect your strafe speed for that (i don't think swim speed is quite worth is because of how much you want to be strafing and shooting). special charge up and special saver are for getting killer wail consistently because i think getting your special is a very important part of this weapon's playstyle, it makes fighting for longer periods of time much easier. shoes are just default shoes that i use for basically everything but you can't go wrong with them

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
View attachment 9806

this is what i've been running which i've found to be very nice for it. i like a lot of ink saver because even with it you can't take fights for very long, so it does help prolong uptime at least. run speed is really nice for this since you're using the dual-fire mode a lot and it does affect your strafe speed for that (i don't think swim speed is quite worth is because of how much you want to be strafing and shooting). special charge up and special saver are for getting killer wail consistently because i think getting your special is a very important part of this weapon's playstyle, it makes fighting for longer periods of time much easier. shoes are just default shoes that i use for basically everything but you can't go wrong with them
I like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom