• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What I feel about the 'report' button in Splatnet 2

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
I think some of the concerns with this system are a little hyped-up. SplatNet is for ages 13+, and it requires a smartphone, so I don't think too many 5-year-olds will be using it. Sure, kids can lie about their ages, and there are some parents that spoil their kids enough to give them a smartphone, but I doubt it's that common. (I was going to say "same for mass reporting"-surely someone would guess their friend was wanting to exploit the system?-but if you can report multiple times, I can see how it'd add up fast)

That said, I definitely agree that it needs some changes. Inactivity is a pretty unfair ban reason-chances are, something came up IRL and they had to set the game down. (And isn't the disconnect after X seconds still in effect?) And I totally agree with ThatOneGuy-disconnects are already punished, and usually weren't even intentional in the first place.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That said, I definitely agree that it needs some changes. Inactivity is a pretty unfair ban reason-chances are, something came up IRL and they had to set the game down. (And isn't the disconnect after X seconds still in effect?) And I totally agree with ThatOneGuy-disconnects are already punished, and usually weren't even intentional in the first place.
To provide a counter-point, Splatoon isn't a time-intensive game, and if you aren't sure you can set aside 3 to 5 minutes for the match then maybe you shouldn't start one, as your time isn't inherently more valuable than that of the 7 other people in the match.

Wait, what? For eel!?
There was a big ruckus a while back, google "Rockenberg callout". Sadly the evidence has since been deleted because of some "stalemate", but considering how utterly toxic Rockenberg is in general, is this really all that surprising?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That said, I definitely agree that it needs some changes. Inactivity is a pretty unfair ban reason-chances are, something came up IRL and they had to set the game down. (And isn't the disconnect after X seconds still in effect?)
I've reported people for inactivity. Start a match, they're sitting at spawn. I die a minute later, they're still at spawn, just standing there. After my second death, I hang out and watch them for a few seconds. They shuffle half a step to the side, still on spawn. Sometimes they put down a Beakon (still on spawn). It hasn't happened many times, but I've made maybe three or four reports for this.

The ones that really bug me are the stupidly good players--usually two at a time--that do this for the first 2:30 of Turf Wars, letting us get completely spawn camped, then bust out, murder everything, and try to win from there. Sometimes it works and we still win by a sizable margin. Sometimes we barely lose. Either way it's no fun for me. But I don't report them.

Padre

Pro Squid
Last-Ditch-Effort players are common. Players who play only the last 30 seconds. Should we report them? I had matches where two players camped at spawn. Is this inactivity?

I have to clarify one thing, and that is that reporting a person who has done nothing is useless. It turns out that Nintendo has access to absolutely ALL game data for ALL of their games and ALL of their users. In the case of Splatoon 2, Nintendo not only has access to the basic data of a game (number of kills per user, territory painted per user, times the special weapon is used, weapon and equipment used by each user, etc), Instead, Nintendo has access to literally EVERYTHING that happens in the game, from the number of disconnections to the times a button is pressed, but more importantly, Nintendo can literally view the game in person, and see what each user does. For example, if you report someone and say that he is a hacker, Nintendo opens the replay of said game to check if, indeed, that user is a hacker. If that user is a hacker, Nintendo will ban him (temporarily if it is something small or permanently if it is something big, for example, if he is a hacker, as it happens here). If that player is NOT a hacker and you simply reported him to trolling him, Nintendo will do nothing. The problems come when Nintendo discovers that you have made many false reports in a row. If that happens, Nintendo can ban your account.

[QUOTE = "TechSkylander1518, publicación: 250049, miembro: 30052"]
Creo que algunas de las preocupaciones con este sistema están un poco exageradas. SplatNet es para mayores de 13 años y requiere un teléfono inteligente, por lo que no creo que muchos niños de 5 años lo usen. Claro, los niños pueden mentir sobre sus edades, y hay algunos padres que miman a sus hijos lo suficiente como para darles un teléfono inteligente, pero dudo que sea tan común. (Iba a decir "lo mismo para los informes masivos". ¿Seguramente alguien adivinaría que su amigo quería explotar el sistema? Pero si puedes informar varias veces, puedo ver cómo se sumaría rápido)

Dicho esto, definitivamente estoy de acuerdo en que necesita algunos cambios. La inactividad es una razón de prohibición bastante injusta; lo más probable es que algo surgió en la vida real y tuvieron que dejar el juego. (¿Y no sigue vigente la desconexión después de X segundos?) Y estoy totalmente de acuerdo con ThatOneGuy: las desconexiones ya están castigadas y, por lo general, ni siquiera fueron intencionales en primer lugar.
[/CITA]
Ya te digo que las desconexiones a propósito muchas veces no ocurren por ese motivo.
Solo he estado con Splatoon 2 durante 1 año, pero es tiempo suficiente para descubrir qué está mal con las desconexiones. He jugado unos 4000 partidos en total (es un número aproximado, no sé el número exacto de partidos que he jugado) y en muchos de esos partidos mi equipo ha ganado por una gran diferencia. Resulta que probablemente en más del 10-15% de esos juegos, en los últimos 10 segundos un usuario del equipo contrario se desconecta, lo cual es muy sospechoso para mí. Por favor, piense: si un jugador del equipo contrario se desconecta del juego en los últimos 10 segundos del juego cuando mi equipo está ganando por una diferencia muy grande, y también eso sucede muy a menudo, lo que es más probable, que esta persona sea Have te desconectaste accidentalmente,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom