What is your favorite colour combo in Splatoon?

So what's your favorite colour combo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Yeah technically the minty colour in what's referred to as "berry mint" in that picture is called soda. A japanese friend of mine linked the meaning and it is actually a soda-ish colour over there so that's why it was probably named that way
and technically all turf war colours are turf war colours and ranked colours are ranked colours. None of them go into either, they just look that way but they don't.
I've noticed even myself.

I name the colours now according to the names ingame now since soda is in the data I now refer to it that way. Using the above picture chart thing here's what I tend to call them

PB&J looks like a splatfest combo
ActionMoviePosterLite = LightBlueDarkBlue
Joker = GreenPurple
RadioactiveWatermelon = PinkGreen
Dolphins = TurquoiseOrange
Lakers = YellowLilac
BerryMint = SodaPink
Grapevine = Lumigreenpurple
GhouliaYelps = Lightgreenblue
Sweden = Darkblueyellow
RaspberryLime = GreenMazenta (It's what it's called, I continue to mock the mazenta bit)
KoiPond = GreenOrange
CottonCandy = PinkBlue
StrawberryLemonade = PinkOrange
CirqusVolitaire = BlueLime
ActionMoviePoster = OrangeBlue

These are all from the game so I tend to call it whatever the game calls it because the game is defining the colours so I may as well do the same.
That's why mint green or really light blue or minty blue is called soda in my eyes. The game calls it that and it's not so confusing so I call it that too.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, those names are just for my personal use so I can remember them better and to keep track of them. I do know there are different colors for Turf War and Ranked though.

I'm also familiar with Ramune. That stuff's a fixture of Japan. It's as ubiquitous there as Coca-Cola is in the west. I like Ramune, but the marbles are annoying so I get them in normal cans instead. I never really associated the whole COLOR with Ramune though.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
well the colour is in several things I forgot the link but the colour generally was meant as a soda colour so I call it that way.
I associate for example lemonade with silvery white, including on ice blocks and other things. Coke also a black kinda scheme. Soda is just the way the game calls that really minty blue-green colour. It's just a name for it that the game happens to call it. So I'll call it that too :P

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, I mean that Ramune is such an everyday thing in Japan that, when you ask a Japanese perosn to think of a carbonated drink, Ramune is most likely the first thing that comes to mind. Ramune is that pale blue shade, and they're usually served in blue glass bottles.

By the way, do you know of additional color schemes not used in Splatfests I don't have there besides the red-and-purple Transformers theme that apparently rarely comes up in Squad Battles?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Again, it's that this topic is a repeat of another one, and that I have my own way of calling these color schemes.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
doesn't come up in squads anymore, that was a bug and they patched it supposedly. Tested with a few others when I tried to get splatfest colours and lost them so apparently it was a bug and it got fixed :(

no, i don't think there are any other default colour pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom