• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your mains weakness and how do you cope with it?

Dr Scoobie

Inkling
How do you cope with your weapons weakness?
Every weapon has their weaknesses and strengths. What strategies do you employ to make up for your weapons weakness?

Weakness
As an Aero MG main I lack any reliable offensive capabilities. The low accuracy, low range, and low damage make it very difficult to kill when not at point blank range. It's very difficult to break past defensive lines without using the special and I can't contribute to holding defensive lines without using the curling rush. Of course if I can't fight on the front lines often then that increases the chance of 4 v.s 3 matchups.

Coping method
Inking plenty of area so they have room to maneuver, dodge and retreat. Keeping them alive. Ink paths for the rainmaker or team mates to push forwards. I try to be as non visible as possible, so that I can surprise enemies with assist kills. I use the curling rush to zone enemies away from the objective so that we don't have to remove them.

I use the weapons stealth capabilities to flank whenever possible and approach enemies from behind. Giving us the player advantage and drawing their attention away from my team mates. The splotches of ink that people decide isn't worth their time to cover up are great for ambushes, preventing people from rejoining the fray.

TL;DR I make up for the low range and attack by completely avoiding 1 v.s 1 skirmishes and aim to prevent 4 v.s 3 matchups as much as possible through flanking, zoning, assists and ambushes.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Co-operation with random teammates and... poorly. I generally just try to cover whatever it is they're ignoring, and get rid of any enemies before my team has to deal with them, but it's not always very successful.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Motion. I'm a crazy rusty on-and-off Splatoon 1 player, so I'm still getting re-used to the gameplay. Killing it on the rhythm game though.
It took me a while to get used to the controller and motion controls, since the joycons are much lighter than the Wii U Gamepad. That rhythm game is so fun and hard at the same time.

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
Ive been using the Nozzle Hose lately. The faster rated of the Aerospray (which is everywhere) can easily overcome the 3 shot hose. I try to keep my distance and use curling bomb and bomber to add long distance pressure to make them back away from me to give me better distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom