• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What kind of bad situations you've had and overcame?

Motion controls VS No motion controls

• Total voters

Mêłodÿ2841

Inkling
NNID
Elyxandra
For me, it has to be overtime. Just that feeling of getting one more point then the opposing team! But what are your story? I would love to hear!

Drakel

Inkling
NNID
drakel9098
Staying on the tower in tower control while all your team mates die suck, but succeeding and wining by one point is amazing

Gamzetty

Inkling
NNID
Gamzetty
Once, I was between two chargers on Flounder Heights, just outside the enemy team's ramp up to base. They were an E-Liter and Kelp Splatterscope, scope to the left, E-Liter on my right. First, I lunged at the scope, trying to move as unpredictable as possible. I splatted them and kept inking the large area between the base and the center, kiting the E-Liter. I used the tree's hitbox to force them closer. once they were in range, I bubbled, and splatted them. Just before my bubble could wear out, an Aerospray descended from the heavens, trying to get the jump on me while my guard was down. It didn't work. However, the whole team got their revenge by cornering (and splatting) me just before time ran out.

DeeJ Nutz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tehdeejay
oh man i have a good one
so i was on moray towers right
i was using my splattershot junior, and my opening for that map is get to the middle as fast as possible and then try to infiltrate enemy turf by going on the small side alley off the center square, and then climbing the wall with the two grate platforms to end up behind the cover in the small room off to the side in enemy turf
so anyway im going for that, and i edge peek a bomb into the room before the ramp down to the middle, but after the bomb goes off and i jump up, i get splatted.
I respawn and look down at the map. the rest of my team had made it to the middle, and they were getting pretty good control of it.
So i go for my sneak off to the side once more. this time i make it up to the room and i'm ready to begin my ascent towards enemy spawn, but as i'm rounding the corner, i get splatted AGAIN
at this point my dignity is just hurt, because my teammates lost control of the center and i'll be hecked if i wasnt going to pull this off
i do manage to slither my way off to the side one more time while my team grabs the middle. i throw a bomb up into the room above the two grates on the wall and i pop up, ready to do some damage
but i guess literally everyone on the other team had figured out what i was trying to do, and i'm staring down three enemies, two of which were rollers.
my bomb hadnt splatted anyone, so i pretty much resigned myself to my fate of losing this three on one, so i just start spraying wildly.
I start jumping and wiggling and focusing my spray on a roller coming at me, and i outrange him and take him down. i get hit a few times and i'm pretty sure im dead but theN I END UP TAKING THE GUY WHO WAS SHOOTING ME AND THE ROLLER TRYING TO FLING INK AT ME
i'm dazed, i thought i had died, then i realize i'm hiding in ink and i had miraculously gotten a OH BABY A TRIPLE
i start spamming c'mon and two of my teammate jump to me, we begin our ascent.
at one point we spawn pin and i pop my bubbler and we manage to have a pretty infuriating hold on their spawn before we all get taken down
but by that point judd called the match
i think it ended up being pretty close actually, like a 43-42 or something, but DA-YUM if that triple kill didnt feel good! :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not quite "overcoming" the situation, but I had quite the incident a couple months ago that was a good learning experience.

Back then, I was C and didn't use motion controls. I had joined up with a group (that didn't last) for squad battles, and lo and behold, our opponents are S+ Japanese elites. We got stomped, big surprise, but I gave as good as I got, notably splatting people three times Mario-style (landing on them while firing). Considering we ran out the clock and I held my own, this finally made me realize that my lack of motion control use was biting me in the butt, so I committed to learning them and have improved quite a bit since.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
This, probably. About halfway into the video you'll see the bad situation. It's pretty obvious.
The center is definitely the most important area of the map, but in moray towers that's not enough... I've seen that too many times, in my experience controlling the center and only the center for a guaranteed win only works in saltspray rig.

Axel Sparkster

Booyah Boi
NNID
AxelSparkster
The center is definitely the most important area of the map, but in moray towers that's not enough... I've seen that too many times, in my experience controlling the center and only the center for a guaranteed win only works in saltspray rig.
Hahaha, yeah. I figured that out only recently after watching footage of myself play (the clip is from the 19th). I'm new to chargers and I'm still figuring out how to use them and what works - been using them since the 12th.

Any other advice? I'm always looking for more tips. Chargers are fun as heck to play.

Genrely

Inkling
NNID
MewTwoFan1
I had a pretty tight situation recently in Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish.
There was only two of of using a Splattershot Pro and an Aerospray, against three people using a charger, roller, and an automatic. I didn't really have high hopes for the match at the start but decided to stay in it so my team-mate wouldn't have to try it solo. It started off horribly with both of us getting splatted as they got their counter to halfway.
But then I managed to get to the other teams side and got them by surprise. The rest of the match was my team-mate holding off the other team on our side of the map and providing me with cover fire as I was securing the other splat zone and keeping the charger from attacking her. We managed to get a knockout in the end and it is definitely the best match I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom