• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Ranked mode is best?

Most Balanced Ranked Mode?

• Total voters

Crymzon1980

Squid Mechanic
NNID
Crymzon1980
Rainmaker is my best friend.
Tower Control I hate with a Passion.
Splat Zones is fun, in a way.
I couldn't agree with you more LOL, Rainmaker is fun, feels like football, but with a massive weapon to tow as the ball, and faster paced than TC *shakes fist angrily *

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
I like Tower Control because I think it's a bit less chaotic and more streamlined. In other words, it's not very gimmicky compared to Rainmaker.

However, it favors blasters a bit too much.

silvR1995

Inkling
NNID
silvRboLt1995
I like Splat Zones and Tower Control

I was never any good at Rainmaker...

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Zones, provided there aren't any Dynamos about. Otherwise, tower is great chaotic fun.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
When you ask what the "best" mode is, then ask what the "most balanced" mode is, they're two completely different questions. I have a hard time supporting Rainmaker as balanced or even enjoyable when one sneaky Sanic build can plow through the side streets and cap the Rainmaker within the first 30 seconds (which I've done. Sorry not sorry.).

I legitimately suck at Zones for no apparent reason; my Zones game is B or B+ at best while I hover between A+ and S for Tower Control. Because I play blasters mainly, I find TC to be the best for my own comfort, playstyle, and enjoyment. That said, because it favors AoE damage so heavily I can't really justify TC as being balanced either.

In the end I suppose that all game modes are skewed in some way: Zones in favour of ink spreaders, TC in favour of blasters, and Rainmaker in favour of heavy mobility builds. Because of this, and the tremendously different playstyle and mindsets involved, I'd like to see separate ranks for each game mode in Splatoon 2. I'm not sure how they'd factor in general gameplay, but any ranking system is bound to be better than the floating ladder that they've got now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom