• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What should teams in this game be called?

What should teams in this game be called?

• shoal

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • squad

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • team

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • something else

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Ranias

Inkling
NNID
Ranias
So I've been thinking about this ever since I made this other thread: squad composition meta.

The proper term for a group of squid (or any fish) is a shoal... Personally, I think that's lame, and squad sounds alot more relatable to the context of this game. Apparently, alot of other people think shoal is a lame word for squid too. Try googling "group of squid".

I'd be down for saying shoals instead of clans though.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Squad or shoal works for me, but i think a "squad of squids" rolls off the tongue a little nicer :P Plus it does fit with the team element of the game.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Votes shoal because it sounded funny, but thinking about it properly a Squid Squad sounds so much neater!

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I think squad is most suitable, after all it's just one letter off from squid. And considering there are lots of 'squads' already made, I think that it's already the standard. I'd also think that shoal, clan, and team are all accepted too so just go with whatever you want. :)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Squads, a lot of people want the scientific name of a group of squids to be changed to that anyway. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom