What we need from our teammates: Sound off.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
I've noticed one of the biggest challenges with teams is the lack of synergy. A lot of players choose a couple of weapons and they stick with those, leaving them ill-equipped to the advantages offered by teammates with unfamiliar playstyles. What are some constructive tips for teammates, given your particular role? Discuss:

Here's a couple of mine, given I tend to play support.

- At the start of the match, give way to your front of line. The sooner they get out there, the better. A charger can arrive a little late. If you have a defensive style of play, or you aren't very good at 1-on-1s, hang back. That first jostle as people get caught behind each other can cost the early game.

- A lot of people with the Inkbrush have no idea what they are doing, but conversely a lot of players have no idea how to exploit the huge opening advantage of an Inkbrush. Don't assume your inkbrush is stupid. A smart Inkbrush player will run out ahead to a key point. At least one teammate must STOP INKING and swim in their thin trail. You will arrive at choke points long before the other team, with full canisters. The other team will arrive shortly after, some potentially with ink supplies depleted. Ink to fill your special, of course, but if you know how to head-to-head 2+ enemies, with Sprinklers and an Inkbrush laying early turf and backing you up, for god's sake, swim behind the Inkbrush. If they arrive at that choke point alone... ...there's not a lot an Inkbrush can do without more aggressive back up. It's clear most players don't realise what kind of opportunity an Inkbrush who does this is providing them.

- Only a very competent head-to-head player ever has an excuse to suddenly block a charger's shot. I often find my own team running in front of a fully charged and locked-on shot as it unloads. eg, down an alley on Port Mackerel. Chargers have a long charge time, and limited number of deadly shots. When someone blocks a charger's shot, then dies, suddenly your charger has to retreat to rebuild all that ink that was just wasted - or worse, they will be overwhelmed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom