• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapon SHOULD i be using?

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I rely heavily on Ninja Squid :ability_ninjasquid:, Swim Aglility:ability_swimspeed: and Ink Recovery:ability_inkrecovery: and sometimes Stealth Jump:ability_stealthjump:.

I was thinking maybe inkbrush, but i have to swing like i'm trying to hit a fly with a straw and often, i'm not close enough. Also, i love to ink swim and i'm awesome at carrying the rainmaker, i don't need a path, i just hop and swim.

I'm an okay sniper, but i usually wait too long, i'm better at blasters and that high damage shooter... go figure.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Choose clothes and abilities to match your weapon/playing style. Not the other way around.

1. What weapon do you like? Play it.
2. If you don't know try some easy ones: splattershot, roller, airospray.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you prefer Blasters, I'd suggest either standard Blaster or Custom Blaster, or even the Luna Blaster. But if you want to make the most out of Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump, maybe the Sploosh-o-matic would be an interesting option :squidbeacon:

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
You SHOULD play what ever weapon you want to play and not let anyone tilt your decision but if youre just looking for suggestions on what would match your play style and gear then sure. You can try to go brush, it has a strange difficulty curve but it definitely pays off if you take the time to learn it. If youre worried about the swiping, try going with the vanilla ink brush, its designed to build special so throw sprinklers and launch strikes frequently, just try to get special charge up subs and tenacity on your gear if you can. Sprinklers will do alot of the inking work for you, to charge your special and strike can deny area. try to help from a far though unless the field is in your color ink; you can do that pretty quickly with the brush.

Sidenote: Please dont forget that the sprinkler not only covers turf but is a turret that deals 30.0 without damage ups and caps at 33.3 with damage ups. Try not to leave a sprinkler in one place and forget about it since it will be done inking the area you put it in after a second or two. I usually always throw it near an enemy my mate is fighting, re throw it directly at chargers and such, always keep moving. The enemy NEED to destroy it or it will kill them and take their turf so it is guaranteed distraction.

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
You SHOULD play whatever you feel natural with. There is no good weapon tier list. If you like to play defenseively, Heavy Splatling, offensively? Aerospray. It's up to you. You shouldn't base your weapon around gear, you should base your gear around the weapon.

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
You should take this with a grain of salt, but I believe you might be good with the Sploosh-o-Matic. A good Sploosh-o-Matic user is a lightning bruiser, who relies on either their speed or their stealth, or possibly both, to get into their opponents face and finishing them off before they can register what just entered their field of vision. The Sploosh has impossibly good ink efficiency, so you won't need to refill often, but ink recovery up is always good so you can enter the fray sooner after unloading your ink tank.
My words are not law, though, and the Sploosh is not fit for everyone.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I'll try the sploosh-o-matic, see how that aids my agility.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
The Rapid Blaster might be a good choice for you as well, as it's made to be fast and furious with pushing, punishing, and walling. Same with Luna Blaster and the Krak-On Splat Roller

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
Ninja Squid and Swim Agility complement aggressive pushing weapons, Ink Recovery up works well on weapons with burst bombs. So I'm just gonna go on a limb and say the regular Splattershot.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
The Splattershot and the Tentatek Splattershot (Tentatek is more versatile) are basic easy to Shooters that compliment offensive and defensive play, a weapon that can push and/or support, in general some of the most all around weapons in the game with good kill power, ink coverage, and range.

I run Cold Blooded instead of Ninja Squid since Echo ruins my stealth, Swim Speeds are a great fix to that as moving fast can help you get the jump on the opponent or if you're using a roller, more speed into your jump is a farther jump, but I'm not entirely sure.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I'm a huge fan of Ninja Squid and Ink resistance (with Swim speed to compensate), and I main a .52 Gal Deco. I'm also looking to make a different set for ink-saving, special charge, and damage, since my gun is one of those that's actually affected by people wearing defense ups. 8(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom