• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 What weapons are the best in each mode in version 4.9.1?

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
This is mostly gut feeling and experience from the original. Feel free to correct me, anyone.
I have not played much Rainmaker, and I do not understand the gameplay of Clam Blitz at all, so I've left them out.

Turf War
This is the best mode for the Aerospray. If you're in solo queue and the rotation has large maps like Kelp Dome, you can get high coverage just by going around and spraying everywhere. I'm under the impression that the Aerosprays are nerfed from the first game, though, so I would consider the Splattershot Jr. or N-Zap series as more well-rounded weapons that maintain the ability to turf quickly. While fights will occur over the center of the stage, it isn't uncommon for teams to spread out (4 paths = 4x ink turfed), so weapons focused on 1v1s will do better here than they might in the other ranked modes.

Splat Zones
This is the only mode that forces players into a specific section of the map, as Tower Control, Clam Blitz, and Rainmaker all involve pushing towards some point on the other side of the map. Because of this, Snipers have their best chance to set up and know that players will be passing through. Similarly, the set area is likely a buff to the Beakon. In general, dueling over a zone like this sounds like a good fit for the Splattershots, so in turn the guns that outrange them (dualies/jet squelcher, iirc) probably benefit as well.

Tower Control
When the enemy team is trying their best to stand on a platform barely 2 characters wide, Blasters become much more useful than they would in other modes. Similarly, any weapon with the Suction Bomb sub is buffed, since it is the easiest to lob onto the tower and force players off. The melee weapons might be good as well here, as the Inkbrush excels in close quarters and the roller's flings can cover the entire tower.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Agreed with the pro, they didn’t nerf it enough. Jr is difficult to pull off outside of competitive. Tri, I guess? Don’t know how much the patch will affect it.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
In my opinion -

Splat Zones: I love using Splatlings and Dynamos. They cover massive amounts of ink and have great kill potential if the make a push.

Rainmaker: Chargers are pretty good if you can aim, though any slayer weapon like Octoshot or Rollers are probably best.

Tower Control: Jet Squeltcher, Custom specifically, is a great weapon for getting people off without getting too close, Chargers too! Buckets are pretty great too.

Clam Blitz: Brushes are speedy, good if the enemy team doesn't pay much attention to you. Any defensive weapon, especially those with Bubble Blower or Baller, are great too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom