• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What wepons work best for ranked mode?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Ok, I'm open to any ideas becauee ol failing miserably at this. I'm level 12, but you can offer things above the thhat and I'll just work up to that. Right now i work with a nap-85 and that she working 1 out of 4 games. Any suggestions?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't know what weapon you're referring to, also I think general stuff like brushes, scopes, blasters and aerosprays seem to be fairly effective in ranked. Dualies too, probably.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I don't know what weapon you're referring to, also I think general stuff like brushes, scopes, blasters and aerosprays seem to be fairly effective in ranked. Dualies too, probably.
Please don't recommend the aerospray for ranked, that's a little problematic :P

That aside, if you like the N-Zap, try the Splattershot in ranked, that weapon always does well.

Belial

Full Squid
Agreed don't use Aerospray in ranked. I love it in turf, but no more.

N-zap seems alright, but I've never used it. However I love dualies myself. Once you get used to the roll it can be very effective.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
I was using the Tri-Slosher for awhile to get to B- in all the ranks, though I felt a little cheep doing so (since it seems to be OP currently).

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Octobrush, Tri-Slosher, Splattershot, Tentatek Splattershot, Dualie Squelchers, Jet Squelchers, Splattershot Pro, and Rapid Blasters are currently thriving in ranked battle.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
What are those unlocked at again? I level up preety fast actually.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Sometimes depending on the layout of the map will help you decide which weapon to take with you. It also depends on what mode it is. I would recommend getting used to at least 3 weapons.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Sometimes depending on the layout of the map will help you decide which weapon to take with you. It also depends on what mode it is. I would recommend getting used to at least 3 weapons.
Agree with you here. Layout's of maps determine what weapons you should use. Like if the map had a bunch of high buildings that were a bit hidden you would take a splat charger with you.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
That makes sense becaue my favorite map is morray towers and I love snipin people from up here, but also using a heavy splatling to rain down from above and cause panic, letting my team mates come in and get some easy kills. Though I found on that map that the thing that lets you swim up into the first layer of the enemy's side it they can easily splat me so I have to keep looking back and forth to make sure I'm not splatted.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
My ranked Weapon choices Depend on the modes and maps.

Rainmaker
•NZapper I use the Suction bombs to try and splat and Cut off enemies. It's great all around.
•Heavy Splatining. Great for Covering fire sprinkler for Coverage, use the Stingray to pop the Sheild and scare off or splat Sheild popers.

Splatzones
•NZapper (see above)
•enperry Splat Dualies. Currling bombs to zone then Swim in and dodge like a champ.

Tower Control
•Nzapper (I like Suction bombs okay:P )
•Slosher more Suction bombs. And great close to mid range stopping power.

I'm not to good with Chargers so I rarely take them into a ranked match. I was playing around with the Gal(s) but they are an aquired type of Weapon.
The blaster style weapons are very powerful but not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom