What's the best way to turn a losing team around?

MegaBaconzard

Inkling
NNID
MegaBaconzard
I've been getting stuck with poor teams a lot recently. Mainly teams that can't really hold up in a fight, therefore getting splatted 24/7 and getting our turf pushed back. I like to use aerosprays. I've turned quite a few games around by inflitrating enemy base whilst my team is struggling to hold up in the acfion down mid. I've noticed that infiltration isn't always the best thing to do because the absence of one teammate can put the rest at a larger disadvantage, so, do you guys have any tips for me?

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
For some reason, spamming COME ON seems to change the tide. everytime i need them to focus and come together, i use that..and it works. :confused:I don't get it. Honestly if you are carrying your team, it helps to flank the aggressors of the enemy team and wipe them out. if you can snag the kills your team should be able to splat up the map with ink. it works well for me, though I use the .56 cal Deco.

Dama624

Inkling
NNID
Dama624
For some reason, spamming COME ON seems to change the tide. everytime i need them to focus and come together, i use that..and it works. :confused:I don't get it. Honestly if you are carrying your team, it helps to flank the aggressors of the enemy team and wipe them out. if you can snag the kills your team should be able to splat up the map with ink. it works well for me, though I use the .56 cal Deco.
Interesting that you say that.
I believe in the Japanese and EU versions of the game, Up on the D-pad actually says "To me!"... which is much more informative than "C'mon!", which has way too many connotations.

On that note, by flanking or even backdooring, if you press Up on the D-pad, I've found that people superjump from wherever they are to where I am. From there, we take over enemy base; either the game ends as a base race, or we take enemy base, fall back towards our own base and splat anyone in the way by more or less engulfing everything in the way. Defeated enemies are stuck at the entrance of their base trying to undo the damage caused by the backdooring while we catch back up.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have no idea honestly. I really wish it were easier to communicate.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Saying "Come on!" gets people to look at the gamepad to squid jump to you. Maybe while they look at the gamepad they see what spots need inking?
I really wish they would replace the "Booyah" command though. It's useless compared to "Come on!" What about "Enemy near!" or something?

Forte

Inkster Jr.
If you see your teammates fighting off the other team, and you see an opening on your map, go to it. I have won several matches because groups are often close together and not paying attention to what's going on. You can throw them off if you spread out and try to cover more ground elsewhere. If you're not good at killing people like I am, practice venturing elsewhere that looks safe. The bigger stages are easier to sneak around. Aerospray is a great gun to use. My scores usually range 800-1200 and the highest I've gotten was 1636.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Spread out. No questions asked. You can cover a lot more and can also have opportunities to try and sneak around the other team to just recover the turf they just covered. If you see someone taking a certain path, go a different direction, and you can cover approx. 2x as much turf.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Sneak around and kill the enemies from behind their back, so that your team can make a push.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Wear a gear that comes with "Last Ditch Effort" (hats only). It gives you ink saver for your main and sub weapon for the last 30 seconds of the game at double its effectiveness compared to the basic ink saver perk. I can't tell you how many times I was able to turn the table using this with the Splatterscope, in combination with "Swim Speed Up" and "Ninja Squid" in order to get passed unsuspecting opponents towards their territory.

karamazovapy

Inkster Jr.
After playing a lot more splat zones, it seems like effective flanking can really help turn things around. Going the long way to a zone takes longer, but it will take less time than going up the middle and dying right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom