What's your claim to your rank?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
After an ultimately balanced session with both Range Blasters (that is, I went from S 41 to S 39, so equal number of victories and losses), I've determined that I cannot aim. So how am I steady in S? I think I've been playing the objective effectively despite my lack of coverage potential (this session stretched between TC and SZ) and, at least somewhat consistently, preventing flanking opponents. If my alternate skills are good enough to make up for a pathetic hit rate, I think that I've really got to do some painful but beneficial Charger practice to boost my overall capabilities.
One thing I'd caution about judging your aim based on the range blaster is: don't. It handles VERY differently, it has its own predictive aiming due to it's slow shot fire, and, honestly, it is CRIPPLED by even the slightest lag. I've stopped using it due to that fact. The AoE is great, but it can't rely on it like it's Luna cousin, but the ohko range, unlike chargers, is NOT hitscan - meaning just because you think you hit you won't hit if they think they're somewhere else. I imagine there's a reason the majority of blaster and range blasters I see are Japanese players - they don't have the lag disadvantages most of the time. I'm sure one can learn to compensate for that, but it may not be a matter of poor aim but simply not being familiar with the weird handling of that particular weapon.

I'm a charger main, formerly eliter, now splatterscope, bamboozler, squiffer. My aim is pretty good. Not up there with the eagle eye ace snipers, certainly, but probably the next rung or two down. The ability to lead the k/d board with a bamboozler is probably fair testament to that ;) I can't aim the *#$*#@$ range blaster worth anything :P Shots that everything I know about aiming tells me should hit, don't. But it runs hot and cold, sometimes I can play it well, sometimes it all falls apart fast. I do believe lag issues heavily affect that more than the chargers. In the right (and lag resistant?) hands, rangeblaster is amazing, but it's VERY hard to reign in, and potentially impossible on the wrong side of the connection.

Ahaha... well, A) you visit all threads in Competitive, and B) I'm sure that you're not the only player holding that sentiment. But, like, yes, I was thinking about you
LOL :D

maxie

Full Squid
i feel like sheer aggressiveness got me to s+ somehow

almost always have the most splats and the most deaths too, which i guess is excusable when im using comeback/quick respawn/stealth jump dynamo (example, the second last game i played in s rank i went 19/14......) but when im using tri slosher its......honestly pretty strange. i dont like..... hunt people down or just go for kills, i just seem to always be splatting people (or being splatted) anyway.

picking up the berry pro and custom jet probably helped, thats about as far as 'long range' as i can handle so far.

even in the few days in s+, im staying consistently at s+ 30 funnily enough. its just a constant win/lose cycle, probably need to break out of that. its probably just impulsive behaviour that drags me down most of the time at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom