• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

When exactly is "Extra Time" being added?? (Ranked)

cFive

Inkling
NNID
c_Five_Beefy
Found out this exists in ranked battles... why?!

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
When neither team controls the zone at the end of the match timer (5 minutes), it goes into overtime. I might just go make a guide on the rules of Splat Zones...

Last edited:

Smashington

Senior Squid
Found out this exists in ranked battles... why?!
I would assume it's to promote comebacks, it happens when you lose control and they gain control. The longer you had control, the more extra time added Nevermind just saw what you meant for the first time, weird. You would think they'd just declare the team in the lead the winner.

Last edited:

cFive

Inkling
NNID
c_Five_Beefy
thx, nice guide
another question: does anyone actually know how fast the counter goes? (not the actual timer, but the points that get counted down)
cuz its obviously much faster than seconds... maybe 0.5 secs?

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I don't think that "neither control" is the cause of Overtime, or at least not the only one.

I think that if the numbers are close enough (say, within 20 "seconds" on the main timer?) but the team that is behind currently has control, it will go into overtime. The match will end if you regain control of the territory back, or if they take the lead during this overtime.

I had Overtime 3 times, and 2 of those times the match ended as soon as a team took the lead again, and the last time it was when we took control of the base.

I think it's so that if you "would've had a fighting chance if the timer hadn't run out" that you have that chance to prove that you can hold it long enough for a victory.

cFive

Inkling
NNID
c_Five_Beefy
I don't think that "neither control" is the cause of Overtime, or at least not the only one.

I think that if the numbers are close enough (say, within 20 "seconds" on the main timer?) but the team that is behind currently has control, it will go into overtime. The match will end if you regain control of the territory back, or if they take the lead during this overtime.

I had Overtime 3 times, and 2 of those times the match ended as soon as a team took the lead again, and the last time it was when we took control of the base.

I think it's so that if you "would've had a fighting chance if the timer hadn't run out" that you have that chance to prove that you can hold it long enough for a victory.
yes i think so too actually...
-> the leading team has to controll the splat zones to win!

(i think thats cool.. allows for comebacks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom