When will updates resume?

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I know the major update most of us had been waiting for just released, but it's now been the longest period of time since Splatoon launched that there's been no updates. We know consistent updates will start up again at some point based on what's been said, but when do you expect them to continue?

I'm hoping they'll continue within the next few days, but I feel like they'll wait until next week. Still, they can't wait too long, there's still plenty of content left to release, maybe even some that isn't on-disc.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Probably tonight. They tended to do updates on Thursdays (10 PM EST) before the update, as I recall, so they might go back to that. Maybe something'll pop up tonight. Check the splatoonus tumblr, it's how I find out about these things.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
What do you think the update will have? Just a new weapon or two or maybe one of the new maps?

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
What do you think the update will have? Just a new weapon or two or maybe one of the new maps?
Probably a new weapon cause I get the feeling those two new maps will be saved until rainmaker is released.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Rainmaker is coming as well as a new Bucket and Splatling Gun. I don't know what else or when the update will happen.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Probably tonight. They tended to do updates on Thursdays (10 PM EST) before the update, as I recall, so they might go back to that. Maybe something'll pop up tonight. Check the splatoonus tumblr, it's how I find out about these things.
Updates don't just "pop up" though, they're announced a day in advance. The new content tends to be available on Friday night (NA)/Saturday morning (EU), so there's still time for something to be revealed this week.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Updates don't just "pop up" though, they're announced a day in advance. The new content tends to be available on Friday night (NA)/Saturday morning (EU), so there's still time for something to be revealed this week.
I meant when new weapons will be released, thought that was what the OP meant. But yeah, that makes sense.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
IIRC, weapons tended to drop around wednesday and maps around friday.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I am surprised they are releasing Rainmaker so early. I thought they'd save it for one of the last updates with the possibility of a certain playable baddy.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Definitely, I feel like it was planned as the final mode, but the game is popular enough that I think it warrants adding another mode in a couple months or so.
Man, let's get a mode in the same vein as MvM. We'll call it Inklings vs. Octolings and abbreviate it as IvO. We can even say it's endorsed by Dr. Robotnik.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Definitely, I feel like it was planned as the final mode, but the game is popular enough that I think it warrants adding another mode in a couple months or so.
I feel like they might keep making updates as long as Splatoon is selling well. I think it sold more/quicker than they thought and it stays relevant because of the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom