• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Which Dualies are the most viable atm?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I've been debating on which dualies to use and I'm torn between Dapple Dualies Nouveau or Enperry Splat Dualies. Which one of these two are better competitively? And other dualies suggestions would help too!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I would say the origional Dapple Dualies are the best because of godly painting and TTK.

Jam

Inkling
I might be late but Id say enperry is more the meta. Since you use Splat roller i assume you are used to curling bombs. Thanks to the recent buff to duelies id say its a straight upgrade to the sploosh weapon wise. Obviously the trade off is losing splash down for inkjet. So if you play well with inkjet it could be great choice. Since the splat roller sploosh and enperrys all play some what the same role in the meta you might feel at home.

As for the DDN i don't know much about the meta on this weapon but as somebody who has spent most of my 45 levels in turf war. imo The DDN is probably the best turfer in the game. Its basically the Custom Jr but it can kill.

I really like the regular dapples. Perhaps biased due to my love of bomb rush specials. i run a sub power up and QSJ on it which which basically makes for instant beacon jumps for me and fast jumps for my team.

Only Reason i use Aerospray right now is i really like a bomb secondary and im not too great at dodge rolling however im considering picking it up again.

Hope this helps (Btw i know you might be skeptical about taking info on ranked from somebody who has pretty much only yesterday started doing ranked after pretty much not doing it since level 10. But im a bit of a steam monster i watch every tournament i can so it has given me some insight into high level play. Despite not being great at it myself)

Edit: InkCage II is tomorrow apparently a japanese team Lumonde has a play called Dementor who mainly uses enperrys. Might be worth keeping an eye on him.

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I might be late but Id say enperry is more the meta. Since you use Splat roller i assume you are used to curling bombs. Thanks to the recent buff to duelies id say its a straight upgrade to the sploosh weapon wise. Obviously the trade off is losing splash down for inkjet. So if you play well with inkjet it could be great choice. Since the splat roller sploosh and enperrys all play some what the same role in the meta you might feel at home.

As for the DDN i don't know much about the meta on this weapon but as somebody who has spent most of my 45 levels in turf war. imo The DDN is probably the best turfer in the game. Its basically the Custom Jr but it can kill.

I really like the regular dapples. Perhaps biased due to my love of bomb rush specials. i run a sub power up and QSJ on it which which basically makes for instant beacon jumps for me and fast jumps for my team.

Only Reason i use Aerospray right now is i really like a bomb secondary and im not too great at dodge rolling however im considering picking it up again.

Hope this helps (Btw i know you might be skeptical about taking info on ranked from somebody who has pretty much only yesterday started doing ranked after pretty much not doing it since level 10. But im a bit of a steam monster i watch every tournament i can so it has given me some insight into high level play. Despite not being great at it myself)

Edit: InkCage II is tomorrow apparently a japanese team Lumonde has a play called Dementor who mainly uses enperrys. Might be worth keeping an eye on him.
Almost every short range shooter has a bomb sub. I don't see why you would use Aerospray over any of the others.

Jam

Inkling
Almost every short range shooter has a bomb sub. I don't see why you would use Aerospray over any of the others.
I was talking about why i use Aerospray over dapples. Since dapples come with beacon.
As for why i compare them they both are the 2 fastest charging bomb rush specials.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I was talking about why i use Aerospray over dapples. Since dapples come with beacon.
As for why i compare them they both are the 2 fastest charging bomb rush specials.
Oh

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
With the exception of Gloogas, all Dualies are viable. Both variations of Dapples seem to be the most used right now.

Splat Dualies - My personal favorite, even if it's considered the second worst. They have the Burst Bombs for nice aggressive play. It's just that most people don't see the point of them because the Splattershot does the same thing, and "better" special. I'm working on a way to embrace the Tenta Missiles, and use 'em aggressively with the Dualies and Burst Bombs. I'll show those jerkfaces to call Splat Dualies bad simply because they have Tenta Missiles.

Enperry Splat Dualies - One of the more popular Dualies. Afterall, this has a niche over the .52 Deco and Sploosh by being able to dodge roll out of your Curling Bomb trail. It'll make you less predictable and more difficult to hit, since everyone is wary of the Curling Bomb follow. Of course with the Enperries, you'll have to learn to get used to Inkjet in a way that doesn't get you killed. If you learn how to use Inkjet and some cool tricks with Curling Bombs, I can see someone being deadly with the Enperries.

Dapple Dualies - Probably the most popular Dualies, and what most people consider the best weapon with Beacons. Afterall, it has great mobility and is deadly at close range. The Suction Bomb launcher also make it good at turfing/pressure. Also Dapple dodge rolls are surprisingly difficult to punish.

Dapple Dualies Nouveau - I see these about as often as regular Dapples. It seems like it can create excellent pressure, especially for a short-range weapon. Toxic mist to block off routes/slow down enemies so you can move in for the kill. Then there's the Ink Storm, which can add to the pressure. You'll be getting Ink Storms with these things. A cheap 170 charge for Ink Storm with a painting weapon.

Dualie Squelchers - These are a good long-range alternative to the SS Pro or .96 Gal. It doesn't kill as fast, but it's much more mobile, it's much better at painting, and it's much more ink efficient. The sliding dodge roll is nice, since you aren't forced to stay still after doing a dodge roll. The kit is good for keeping an eye on your enemies. Point sensors to help lock in on your target or see if someone is going to ambush you. Tenta Missiles for doing better at seeking targets, and being a general nuisance.

Glooga Dualies - This is gonna need some buffs. Low damage output for a killing weapon and it can't paint. Its kit will also take some getting used to. I would hold off on using these until they're buffed. Either that, or just be much better than your opponents, and fight the opponents on equal grounds. I can almost see Gloogas as a training weight. Learn to be effective with these, then switch to another weapon and be a god.

Last edited:

BlookyLeYoshi

Inkling
NNID
BlookySpooky
Switch Friend Code
SW-1841-4108-5905
I'd say all Dualies are viable except the Glooga for the same reason as @J'Wiz.
The Glooga desperatly needs a buff imo, it's low inking potential, low fire rate, high ink tank consumption makes the Glooga pretty unsafe. The range of the Gloogas (56) are a bit bigger than a regular Splat Dualie (50) but smaller than a Slosher (58). Since it's low range for the low fire rate it has, the regular Splat Dualies outclass it and the Dualie Squelchers that make fun of their incredibly slow speed and low range.
I main the Glooga Dualies and I'll be one of the first you'll hear saying it's a meh-ish weapon.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Personally, I think all dualies are viable (with the exception of glooga dualies, as demonstrated by the people above) but if they is one I think is on the bottom, it's dark tetra dualies. the 4 rolls is more of a gimmick than it is a skill. I've played against them before, and when they roll away from me, I can counterattack in many different ways. Also, playing the weapons myself, I find sometimes I'll go right into enemy ink while rolling and proceed to be splatted. My favorite would be dapple dualies nouveau, for reasons I don't really know.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I would say the origional Dapple Dualies are the best because of godly painting and TTK.
This, burst bombs are a nice bonus too.
The enperry duallies (The one with curling bombs) are favored too though. but it has inkjet so be carefull with that.

Though maybe not the most viable, dual sqeulchers are a really solid support if you’re into that.
A good one can annoy the other team greatly by tagging them, and generally use your range to take pot shots or space or finish weakened oppenents.
Though just getting splats with it works too if a bit tricky.
And well; it has good turfing, long range and tenta missiles so...

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
This, burst bombs are a nice bonus too.
The enperry duallies (The one with curling bombs) are favored too though. but it has inkjet so be carefull with that.

Though maybe not the most viable, dual sqeulchers are a really solid support if you’re into that.
A good one can annoy the other team greatly by tagging them, and generally use your range to take pot shots or space or finish weakened oppenents.
Though just getting splats with it works too if a bit tricky.
And well; it has good turfing, long range and tenta missiles so...
I was talking about the Dapple Dualies with Beakons and Bomb Rush. You are talking about the vanilla Dualies with Burst Bomb and Missiles.

GamerGal101

Inkling
As a brush user, I’ve gotten splatted pretty often by Dark Tetra Dualies. Not sure about the sub/special set, but those things can hit. I’ve even seen ambushes done with Ninja Squid and Ink Speed Up gear. Only problem is turf coverage. I suppose it’s pretty okey-dokey for Rainmaker, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom