Which weapons do you think are the biggest winners of this patch?

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
So we all know what the patch is by now, and we've talked about it in another thread. My question is what the title says, and that's which weapons are the biggest winners of this patch. I would say pretty much anything with Super Chump but particularly orange Zap and Gold Dynamo Roller. In the Gold Dynamo's case, both the main and special got buffed, so maybe it could see more use. The orange Zap in particular has been needing something to stand out from the main Cooler kit and maybe this could help its usage.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Gold Dynamo might look like a big deal on paper, but considering how bad it was before, I don't actually think this saves it. The problem with Chumps isn't their speed, it's that they just aren't doing very much.

In terms of what's relevant, I think the real biggest winner is either Custom Douser or Sorella Tent. These are already very strong weapons to get bumped up further. Douser is definitely going to be a monster in this patch, farming more Strikes and being able to use its Burst Bomb a bit more easily. Tent, well the entire Brella class needs to be reevaluated now, it's hard to say how big of a buff it is but it definitely is a buff. Honorable mention to Carbon Deco as another high tier that got buffed further, but not by as much.

For weapons that were on the cusp of viability that might see more use, S-Blast 91 and Sorella Brella are worth keeping an eye on.

We'll see if the Big Bubbler changes actually matter for vRoller, Jr and Mint Decav, but I don't think they really will. Not like you can react to a Zooka with it.

When it comes to low tiers that might potentially rise the farthest - while probably still not actually rising all the way to meta - that's gotta be Recycled Brella Mk 1. Brellas may in fact be real now, 20f is a lot of frames to shave off its regen time, and the Big Bubbler buff is there too I guess.

Last edited:

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
Douser dualies the ink efficiency allows it to combo with burst bomb. It wasn't possible to do that before. You had to choose either throw a bomb or shoot

Maybe carbon roller Too.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I was starting to think s-blast didn't need any buffs, and they gave it another one. I keep changing my mind about how good the buff actually is, but either way it feels amazing to use and it's definitely much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom