Why can't I improve??

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I've been playing this game almost nonstop since release, and I feel like I can't improve at the game.. At all. I almost feel like I'm getting worse every day. It's starting to get unimaginably frustrating, too..

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
You would need to provide more information or videos of yourself playing.

What I would recommend is to watch a Streams of high ranked players - who play with your favorite type of weapons. Not only will this give you pointers about how to use them, but also you can see what sort of spots they use for ambush/getaways, their pathing, where they place their secondary skills etc.

Also learn the maps and whenever you are safe try to see what is going on on the GamePad map. Being aware of the surroundings is pretty important for achieving success.

In Ranked I recommend to try not to die instead of being YOLO, since feeding a lot leads to more loses even if you trade deaths. So if you have any problems go with a Bubbler/Kraken as a Special and activate it whenever you are in someone's crosshair and have those options up.
Always make sure you are Super Jumping into a safe area - there is nothing worst than insta-dying because of a bad decision during your super jump. Perhaps walking and inking so you can fill your special if the fight is too intense and there is no where safe to jump to.
The less you die the better you will do in Ranked - it allows other people to jump to you and provide you with backup. You can super jump back to base/or beacon/or ally at any time if you feel you are in danger, I recommend you also do that if you end up in enemy territory instead of trying to walk back.

Those are the sort of general recommendations I can make based on the information you provided.

Last edited:

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Ranked or Turf War?
When i started i was like "damn im the best player on this Planet, why am i so good" but then i started playing ranked and noticed that i actually improved A LOT after a few weeks.
Here are some useless tips how to get better:
- Try out all the Weapons, maybe you will find a perfect one for you
- Try to find the best Weapon for each Map
- Find out what Abillitys you want for each Weapon
- Use Motion Controls
- If you are bad at hitting Enemys, consider changing your Sensitivity.
-Dont be like "YOLO i can go 1vs4
-Have fun and take breaks if you start getting tired
- Stay Fresh!!!

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
-Have fun and take breaks if you start getting tired
This is really important, even if it seems obvious. You say you've been playing almost nonstop (@OP) but a short break from the game could give you a fresh outlook on things when you come back to it. Also, if you're too overly conscious about needing to improve you might just end up frustrating yourself. Sometimes improvement comes slowly and it won't be immediately noticeable in your match results.

Not sure if this is helpful for you, but they're things I've had to remind myself quite frequently :')

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
This is really important, even if it seems obvious. You say you've been playing almost nonstop (@OP) but a short break from the game could give you a fresh outlook on things when you come back to it. Also, if you're too overly conscious about needing to improve you might just end up frustrating yourself. Sometimes improvement comes slowly and it won't be immediately noticeable in your match results.

Not sure if this is helpful for you, but they're things I've had to remind myself quite frequently :')
Yup you are totally right~ When i start playing ranked for example i do really good but after 1 hour i cant focus anymore xd

Power

Inkling Commander
This is what i did, idk if it would work for you, but its worth a shot:

----Focus on what you did wrong in the match (Too many deaths, loss of positioning, how you died, lack of focus on objective etc.) and think of how you can fix it. Do not take on too much at one time and start with the biggest issues first.
----As stated before, try to find your perfect sensitivity, I did this by going into the weapon test mode and trying each one.
----Remember to use the Y button to give yourself more awareness of your surroundings. Do not constantly aim towards one area, enemies constantly try to use different routes in an attempt to flank you.
----Just let the losses happen and try not to get frustrated, remember to take a break and do something else to get your mind off of it.
----There are some good guides on this website, it would be worth checking them out.
----Learn how to dodge effectively, east/west not forwards/backward from your opponent unless you are forced to run away.
----Learn the maps, and key areas where you can throw your bombs, sprinkler, e.loc,
----Inking turf is always critical, as it gives you more wiggle room to dodge if you happened to get into a firefight, just make sure you differentiate between the right amount of inking and excessive.
----Take Breaks, once again. I feel that this is very important, I kinda find it similar to exercise in how if you exercise without adequate rest your results will not be as good and you will burnout. I do not find marathon playing to help much, 2 hrs is the max for me than I take a break as my body feels physically neglected and I get mentally fatigued. Drink water, sit in a good area, eat food. It helps me at least not get so cranky after playing for a while.

good luck! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom