• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why im sure callie is going to be involved in splatoon 2

squidels

Inkling
NNID
squidles11037
so some people are saying that callie may be dead/missing in splatoon 2. i was reading the comments on the splatoon 2 trailer and some are saying that she's gone because marie is wearing japanese funeral clothing. well id like to put in my two cents on what could happen/what is pretty much confirmed.
1. so im p sure theres gonna be lots of coming from the first splatoon. and killing off that loved of a character seems kind of crazy. also because theres gonna be a bunch of little squids playing this game too
2. the main thing ive got on this is this image

looks like a normal splatoon 2 image right?
B U T
looking closer, in the background specifically,

this general
"green squid vs purple squid" aka callie and marie.
and the whole map, from this picture, it looks like a stage. something they would preform on? HmmMMmmmmm
anyways, i dont see why marie would preform without callie tbh. they both needed each other to launch their careers.
this could be wrong but still this is what ive got.
i have one idea on what could happen but i think its p stupid
what do you guys think?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Isn't it flat out confirmed by Nintendo that Callie will be in the game?

And if Mary is there, Callie pretty much has to be there as well unless Nintendo is deliberately trying to piss of Callie's fans. I think it's a super safe bet that Callie will be included, and I wouldn't be surprised if she and Mary were involved in the story/single player either.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
even before these bizarre theories surfaced, the sisters are the face of Splatoon. they packed concert halls in their shows in Japan. they're extremely marketable and recnognizable. so it's a really boneheaded notion to even entertain that one of them is gone.

Zipboom

Inkling
We (myself and the little squid) wondered if her lack of presence in the trailer has something to do with the single player story line.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
We (myself and the little squid) wondered if her lack of presence in the trailer has something to do with the single player story line.
I think a lot of people are speculating that and I think it would make for a good plot premise, so long as she isn't written as a helpless damsel. Nintendo has enough of those already.

squidels

Inkling
NNID
squidles11037
I think a lot of people are speculating that and I think it would make for a good plot premise, so long as she isn't written as a helpless damsel. Nintendo has enough of those already.
shed probably be a really sassy and mean version of princess peach

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
shed probably be a really sassy and mean version of princess peach
That would be acceptable, but if Callie's disappearance is a plot point at all I'd rather it be she goes rogue on her own volition.
Not sure if development time allowed for the results of the final splatfest to influence the single player campaign story of Splatoon 2, but what if it has to do with shame or embarrassment regarding her Splatfest loss, or some kind of maniacal revenge involving defecting to Octoling renegades. And then you, the player, can pick a side to play through the story in a Callie vs Marie grudge match. After you finish the campaign from one side you can play the other.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here...

Zipboom

Inkling
The little squid and myself were Team Callie for the final splatfest and the loss still hurts. Interesting ideas birdiebee!

Yummy Ü

Inkling
NNID
skrillexfan1230
The trailer was just to scare us, she'll be in it...

And BTW, those colors are just the colors of the battle that the inklings in the cover are in. If the war were to be blue and orange, the design would probably not be pink and green... see what I mean?

squidels

Inkling
NNID
squidles11037
The trailer was just to scare us, she'll be in it...

And BTW, those colors are just the colors of the battle that the inklings in the cover are in. If the war were to be blue and orange, the design would probably not be pink and green... see what I mean?
Ye i saw the map in the trailer and the sign was dif colors, but i still think that having a stage map without callie would be p stupid.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
you know that the dude who said "it's japanese funeral attire" was just making that up, right?

this is japanese funeral attire:

men: black suit, white shirt, black tie
women: black dress, black tights, (some white)
traditional-style women: simple black kimono, small white tabs
(pure black and pure white are the colors of death in japanese culture)

marie's clothes:
what do we note?
1. it's not even a kimono. it's a top and a skirt.
2. there is not white on it. it's kind of a grey about the same color as her hair
3. there are patterns. japanese funeralwear is VERY simple. even the "flair" is kept simple.
4. there are colors. you might think the grey is white enough, but the fact that there is also yellow...
5. black kimonos (non-funeral kinds) are less common than other kimono colors, but they are still a regular kind of kimono for festivals and whatnot and don't have anything to do with funerals.

→ the "japanese funeral clothes" thing is unfounded. some dude in the youtube comments just made it up and everyone plus one'd it knowing nothing about japanese culture.

Last edited:

Wothur

Full Squid
NNID
Wothur
But to be fair; there isn't such a predetermined thing as "funeral clothes," just like church, people still choose to wear whatever they want.

I know what I'm wearing to my father's funeral.

Nothing.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
But to be fair; there isn't such a predetermined thing as "funeral clothes," just like church, people still choose to wear whatever they want.

I know what I'm wearing to my father's funeral.

Nothing.
i'm not all too certain, tbh, but it seems like people generally wear pretty much solid black with a little white. colors are probably fine in moderation but i doubt the developers wouldn't design a fresh outfit using them.

just to be sure, i did a few google searches involving marie (and callie) and funerals / black / kimono / etc and i haven't seen any japanese netizens even connecting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom