Why Is It Such A Big Deal?

D

Deleted Member

I never understood why people found it "creepy" either. Its just really cool ambient noises.

Skittiels

Inkling
NNID
shikie1012
First of all. It's Kotaku. They're the last people you want a decent article from.
And two, I never found it creepy. It's just ambience of a place that's obviously underground.
True, true. But I neglected pointing out that people on YouTube are also getting freaked out by it. I just want to point out that it's not such a big deal.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
True, true. But I neglected pointing out that people on YouTube are also getting freaked out by it. I just want to point out that it's not such a big deal.
Well, if they find it creepy, they find it creepy. I personally don't. But, it has been a interesting subject whenever it gets brought up. Mostly for people's crazy theories.

Skittiels

Inkling
NNID
shikie1012
Well, if they find it creepy, they find it creepy. I personally don't. But, it has been a interesting subject whenever it gets brought up. Mostly for people's crazy theories.
People are pretty crazy when it comes to Splatoon. Sounds of torture and suffering? No one ever thought it might have been some Octoling working on a boat or something. A really loud boat.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When it comes to 'cuter' games like Splatoon, people are often very excited to find "creepy" things within the game. There are a lot of people who enjoy game theories so finding these sort of sounds gives them something to theorize over and 'discuss'.

Of course, whether these noises are creepy or not depends on the person. Always remember that just because something doesn't scare you doesn't mean it won't have the opposite effect on someone else. ^.^ The noises are fairly out of place for a game like Splatoon and that's probably why a lot of people are finding them creepy, you know?

I must say though.... If a good writer latched onto the idea, they could probably write a pretty nice creepypasta involving the noises.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
My most sanest thoughts on the reason behind the sounds, they're just echoes from the cavern your in.
Metal sounds = Octoweapon, easy.
?That person screaming? (as stated by some peep on Utub) = probably just Agent 3 being scared.
Train sounds = there's a level with trains.
Bomb raid alarm = "There's a Inkling Agent!"

I honestly don't find them creepy. It's probably there to give some kind of ambiance at the end of the fight. Those sounds could just be the echoes after the fight is won. Although I can't explain echoes on the final boss fight, you can't echo without a room/cavern. I can't also can't explain why it plays beforehand with this reasoning.

Skittiels

Inkling
NNID
shikie1012
When it comes to 'cuter' games like Splatoon, people are often very excited to find "creepy" things within the game. There are a lot of people who enjoy game theories so finding these sort of sounds gives them something to theorize over and 'discuss'.

Of course, whether these noises are creepy or not depends on the person. Always remember that just because something doesn't scare you doesn't mean it won't have the opposite effect on someone else. ^.^ The noises are fairly out of place for a game like Splatoon and that's probably why a lot of people are finding them creepy, you know?

I must say though.... If a good writer latched onto the idea, they could probably write a pretty nice creepypasta involving the noises.
I'd read that.

My most sanest thoughts on the reason behind the sounds, they're just echoes from the cavern your in.
Metal sounds = Octoweapon, easy.
?That person screaming? (as stated by some peep on Utub) = probably just Agent 3 being scared.
Train sounds = there's a level with trains.
Bomb raid alarm = "There's a Inkling Agent!"

I honestly don't find them creepy. It's probably there to give some kind of ambiance at the end of the fight. Those sounds could just be the echoes after the fight is won. Although I can't explain echoes on the final boss fight, you can't echo without a room/cavern. I can't also can't explain why it plays beforehand with this reasoning.
That's actually pretty logical. I could imagine all those sounds going down, as if the Octolings are freaking out more and more the closer Agent 3 gets to the Great Zapfish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
Well the game takes place in a post apocalyptic earth where squids evolved to be the dominant race by winning a war against the octopuses. octopi. octopossums.
a couple of random ambient noises are the least freaky part of the game.

Skittiels

Inkling
NNID
shikie1012
Well the game takes place in a post apocalyptic earth where squids evolved to be the dominant race by winning a war against the octopuses. octopi. octopossums.
a couple of random ambient noises are the least freaky part of the game.
That makes total sense. Except for octopossums.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Hmm. Well I assume it would be like calling the underground ambiance in Super Mario World creepy. Environmental sounds, when there is effort in having those kinda sounds put into the game, can make an it more interesting so, I'm not sure either why people make it huge deal.

You wanna talk creepy? Listen to both the GFS Valhalla tracks for Metroid Prime 3. Now those are creepy.

This second one legit creeps me out the most. It fits the disturbing and creepy atmosphere of the area.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Machine sounds in a stage where you're fighting a giant machine? I don't see what the big deal is there.

If you want something weird, mysterious, and unexplained in an otherwise colorful and happy Nintendo game, you want the trio of onlookers in the Shiverburn Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2:

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I think it has a lot to do with implications.

I mean, the player just kind of yanks the Octolings' new source of power. Gotta wonder what crazy effects that could be having, at least a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom