Why is slosher deco seen so poorly compared to v stamper, when for the most part its just slightly different

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
Slosher deco is placed like mid tier due to its hard to hit combo with the lime marker, but it doesnt need to rely on the combo like how stamper doesnt need to rely on the burst combo, and it works just fine when it hits the dart. Plus the zipcaster synergizes well with sloshers fall off, which stamper doesnt have, so why do people see stamper as sooo much better than slosher deco, I feel the weapon is just underrated due it being just like vstamper and people pay more attention to stamper, which is a sad and undeserved fate.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Burst bomb is much much more consistent than dart. Also stamper has much less endlag, is more mobile, can one shot up close, especially with zipcaster. Meanwhile bucket is a weapon that doesn't like being right up next to people because it's somewhat slow.
It has strengths too, but saying it's just like vstamper is simply not accurate

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean burst is just a way better sub overall, even outside of combo potential. You can't reliably use it to poke, and if you do land it you only get 40 damage, compared to bursts maximum of 60. Burst is just an easier, and better for sub that does most of what line marker can do but better besides tracking location but I don't think that's enough to make it worth it. It also doesn't help slosher hit under ledge so there's that.

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
While I see where you are coming from, and I regret using the phrasing "just like", slosher has enough strengths of its own for me to not understand why its seen as so much worse than v stamper, because while line marker is worse than burst bomb, slosher has a lot of its own things over stampers main weapon, lime the ability to reliably hit people behind cover, more ink efficiency, flick shots that can cover wide angles and hit multiple people, and its kill time being similar to stampers, I just think the weapons a bit underrated

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
While I see where you are coming from, and I regret using the phrasing "just like", slosher has enough strengths of its own for me to not understand why its seen as
I think its still fun I just wish it had a different sub to help it fight

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
Burst Bomb is just a better sub weapon compared to Line Marker, it can chip + paint alot better than Line Marker ever can, and while Slosher can hit over walls (something that Stamper struggles with sometimes) it doesn't provide the range and paint that Stamper can. Slosher Deco is just unfortunately outclassed by Stamper at just about everything it wants to do.

Shenorox

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7218-2129-6216
part of it is the consistency stamper has over slosher deco, as @youre_a_squib_now pointed out. but also stamper as a main weapon is just stronger. more range, slightly faster use time (in terms of horizontals), better paint, and better damage (+ very high object damage).
on top of all that, people aren't picking stamper for the zipcaster. people are picking it for the main weapon's strengths + combos with burst. zip is a very strong special but its also inconsistent. stamper's main + sub combination makes up for the inconsistency of zip, where slosher and line marker doesn't.

i could definitely see slosher deco being a niche pick on certain maps if you really push it, though.

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
part of it is the consistency stamper has over slosher deco, as @youre_a_squib_now pointed out. but also stamper as a main weapon is just stronger. more range, slightly faster use time (in terms of horizontals), better paint, and better damage (+ very high object damage).
on top of all that, people aren't picking stamper for the zipcaster. people are picking it for the main weapon's strengths + combos with burst. zip is a very strong special but its also inconsistent. stamper's main + sub combination makes up for the inconsistency of zip, where slosher and line marker doesn't.

i could definitely see slosher deco being a niche pick on certain maps if you really push it, though.
this, it’s also reasonable to assume that not a lot of ppl are trying to push slosher deco at higher levels which would make ppl think more abt its tier placement

between stamper having a better main + vanilla slosher being a better kit + zip being a weak special in general its just not seeing much use

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i do love slosher deco, it's the first kit i ever really fell in love with as a main, but it definitely just feels weak compared to something like stamper. it's really just not quite as reliable at getting splats head-on, and that's about all it boils down to for me. the cool AoE shots are fun but don't feel quite as satisfying to land as stamper stuff, and it's honestly probably close to being as hard as stamper is to learn too (not all the way there of course but slosher as a main weapon has a ton of intricacies), so i just don't think there are very many people willing to put in the time to learn it when there are other options that just feel better

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
Better range, better sub, better synergy with zip, just about everything Dslosh can do Vstamp can do better aside from AOE, even then stamper kinda can AOE since its slashes can hit multiple people. its just better in most regards tbh.

vowels

Inkling
I never put Slosher Deco and V Stamp side-by-side, this post makes me want to give D Slosh a good chance.

Maybe they should let us use Angle Shooter while zipcasting to help Slosher Deco stand out.

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
The infinite potential of slosher deco, but people cannot calculate marker angles real time

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'd also add that Zip's strength is largely dependent on the main weapon you're zipping with, and Stamper is just much better at using it.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
I'd also add that Zip's strength is largely dependent on the main weapon you're zipping with, and Stamper is just much better at using it.
i wouldnt say much better honestly? aoe weapons with zip are also reaaaally annoying and can get more off zips to really safe spots, plus height advantage from zip allows slosher to almost reach stamper range with falloff. slosher can also play to zip on top of you and blow you up with zip explosion combos.
i mostly agree, though slosher's inability to paint very well is definitely very noticeable and a pretty big downside
this might be something i actually missed considering, but seeing as stamper's paint just got a nerf the gap is a bit smaller.

honestly i think even with marker you could probably find a really aoe-heavy map where you'd prefer it over stamper's pure line of sight main wep. maybe. i dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom