• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will sets definitely be preset, or will you be able to customize them?

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
Like if I had splatters got jr, would I have to use the splat bomb and bubbler, or would i get to use whatever I want, like the mine and the ink rocket?

Also, if they are not customizable, do you think that will negatively effect the game by giving it less options? I do

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
While weapons are all in pre-determined sets, there are going to be different combinations of weapons that can be unlocked.

For example, the standard Splattershot comes with Burst Bombs as the Sub weapon, and Bomb Rush as the special.

The Tentatek Splattershot comes with a Suction Bomb as the Sub, and the Inkzooka as the Special.

I don't think this will hurt the game, since this is mainly to balance the weapons. That way, all the combinations have specific strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
Idk, I feel like the sub and special weapons are balanced enough. Also I really like customization.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Idk, I feel like the sub and special weapons are balanced enough. Also I really like customization.
You can still customize stuff though. Your weapon set and your clothes give plenty of options for you to consider.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Sets are preset, this has been confirmed since the direct. ;)

baronfel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baronfel
Do we know if there's going to be extra sets of the same weapons? For example the splattershot jr with bubbler or with locator? Or is it just the 1 set for each weapon?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Do we know if there's going to be extra sets of the same weapons? For example the splattershot jr with bubbler or with locator? Or is it just the 1 set for each weapon?
Multiple sets for the same weapon. So the main weapon will be the same, but you will have a different sub and special with it. You probably have to either rank up for additional sets, or play singleplayer.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
May I direct all of you to the thread "A Clairification on Loadouts"? A lot of the information you want is already there, including references, for I asked a similar question. So you are aware, sets are preset, but there are multiple possible presets depending on the "brand" of a weapon. Eg, a Splattershot and a Tentatek Splatterhot have the same stats, but a different kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom