with how successful Splatoon actually was I'm surprised Nintendo's already pulled the plug on suppo

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Even More Surprising is the fact that they've barely given fans outside japan splatoon merchandise aside from a few amiibo's....

this was the wii-u's OMG Holy crap game! and nintendo didn't really seem to take advantage of that for some reason

any ideas why?....

Glacei

Inkster Jr.
Quite simple really: sequels.

Splatoon made millions upon release, and has accumulated a dedicated fanbase who loved the gameplay and everything with it. With such a widespread following, it would make sense to port it to their upcoming console as a new game. That way, more money can be gathered on gameplay and their newest successful title lives on and profits.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
As far as merchandise goes, it's a shame they did not show fans outside of Japan much love. However, as much a we here may love the game, the largest fan base for the game is Japan, so of course they would get all the best stuff.

As for support, the game may not have anything new coming anymore, but as long as the servers are still up, the game is still being "supported." Just not as much as we all would want. On the bright side, servers probably won't be going down for at least a few years, so that's something we don't need to worry about now. It's tough to say when a sequel will come out. Personally, I can wait a few years to let them make it super amazing, but I can see one coming by 2018, maybe sooner.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Have you ever seen any other modern shooters? Abandoning a title after a year in favor of the next big thing is depressingly common in this industry, both among players and companies. Not saying that's what Nintendo is doing, but this isn't new behavior by any stretch. Nintendo DID take advantage of it to a massive degree in Japan, which leads to my next point...

Fans of Japanese games outside of Japan barely getting any merchandise isn't anything new either. That's the case with pretty much any title originating from that country.

And like Hero of Lime said, the game's still up and has content-a-plenty, so it's not exactly dead is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom