WMW Newsletter #6 - Woomy Lewis & The News.

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Hey Whiprays!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good Monday so far! I'm sorry this newsletter is so late. I promise I'm going to try to get back into the routine of posting them every Friday morning.

Last night's scrim with TS was rough. But don't be discouraged. We're getting better with every practice. Some of those matches were close. We can beat teams like them. And we will.

This is going to be a pretty short newsletter right now, but I may add to it throughout the week.

1. Monday Practice:

Today we're going to be doing some exercises in not overextending and not dying. We have a fun game planned for everyone to practice this! Tony is also working up some new strategies and new ways to utilize callouts to make our communication and coordination more effective. We've got some REALLY good stuff planned. :)

2. The Dock:

In case you missed it in the discord chat, I made us a new hub for all sorts of useful things. I'll be editing it and adding to it tonight. I also made it so you guys can edit it yourself (with the exception of Antwan. I need your email to add you. Let me know and I'll add you too.) There's a link to it on the Member Wall.

3. Week 4 Maps and Match:

We're playing Killer Wail this week. They are 0-2 right now, both losses at the hands of TS and HM. Since we know TS and HM are quite a big jump up from our skill level, we don't really have a solid idea of what kind of team KW is. So we need to be prepared for anything. Here's the maps we're playing this week:

upload_2016-2-22_12-41-14.png

We sort of went over who likes what map during the scrim, but I don't remember, so go ahead and tell me again and I'll make a loose roster.

That's all I've got right now. Have a great week, guys! Tony, feel free to add anything I forgot. :)

XCuber2

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XCuber2
So I watched the stream of our scrim. Even though the results were a bummer, I thought we played well! Here are a few things that I noticed that I think we could improve on.

KEEPING OUR COOL
I list this one first, because it's one that I was able to notice during the game. Sometimes we all get salty, but I think we all could use a bit more practice on keeping that salt in check. As Sam has said before, keeping our heads is the most important thing in the heat of the moment. If we start to get frustrated, we start to panic. If we panic, we will be prone to making more mistakes. I think we all need to remember to focus on the objective at hand when in mid-game.

MAP CONTROL / SUPPORT
I noticed a lot of times we lacked map control and that lead to our downfall. Obviously, it's tough sometimes to break out of a corner, but that is why I'd like propose that we have a player that plays more of a support role. I think that would help us a lot. This support player's role would be primarily to focus specifically on game objective and map control. For example, in Splat Zones, the support player might be hanging around the zone, standing guard, and covering surrounding turf whenever possible. When we played Zones on Museum, there was a time in which we had control over the zone, and that's great. However, there were surrounding areas that still were covered in the other team's ink. If we had a good support player (using a weapon with good coverage) we could have covered that up quickly to make it more difficult for the other team to get back down to the zone. Now, Blasters are primarily used for offense. They have very poor turf coverage, so really the only thing they are good for is getting kills. So I can offer my skills as a Dual Squelcher or a Roller maybe for Zones or whenever we see fit. Of course, this is unless you all think it would be better to have me on Blaster and have someone else take on this responsibility. I'm cool either way.

KNOWING OUR WEAPONS
I think we are all pretty familiar with our weapons, but it never hurts to remind ourselves of our weapons' strengths and weaknesses. If your weapons has short range, try to get in closer to the opposing player and avoid head on confrontations. If your weapon is mid to long range, try to avoid playing too aggressively and know when to pull back. This also includes making good use of our sub weapons, especially bombs of any kind. As a Blaster, I've learned how important it is to utilize my Splat Bombs WITH my Blaster. It's something that I for sure need more work on and I think it could help us all to think about how we can use our sub weapons to our advantage.

I think that's all the notes I have. I'm probably forgetting something that I'll think of as soon as I hit "Post Reply". lol I'll let you guys know if I think of something.

XCuber2

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XCuber2
I just remembered what I forgot. XD

WATCHING YOUR FLANKS
I noticed on Saltspray Rig that had I been watching my own flank, I might not have been splatted and the game might not have ended so quickly. I then noticed that I wasn't the only one. lol So let's all remember to use our Gamepad map to watch where enemy ink is being spread so that we can react on time.

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
I would actually love to really step up my game as a support player. I'll be honest, I'm not the best in actual combat situations. I think my average KDRs show that pretty well. I play best when I hang back and support you guys. I tried to do a lot more of that last night during quads and I feel like I payed better and I enjoyed it more. Eric, I think you're too valuable of an offense/defense player to have you switch to playing support when I could just man up and be a better support player myself. I completely agree that we need to have a better handle on map control, so I'm going to really haul *** and work on being the support we need.

I'm also going to really work on my temper. I am not afraid to admit that I am the number one example of getting too mad too quickly. 2Fast2Furious. So I'm going to really work on ways to temper my temper. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom