Worst maps for ranked?

MindlessAttack

Inkling
NNID
mindlessattack19
Just curious as to what you all think are the worst maps for ranked. Personally Moray and Saltspray are horribly designed for ranked

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Saltspray is great, as long as you get control first****. Moray sucks, yeah, and I personally don't really like port mackerel and arowana can be a little... snipey.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
For me, it would have to be Hammerhead Bridge and Piranha Pit, particularly in splat zones. I've always found the one huge, long zone at Hammerhead Bridge to be a pain to keep control of. As for Piranha Pit, it always seems to be a stalemate for at least half of the match before one of the teams finally manages to take control. Then that team usually ends up winning since it's hard to gain control once the other team has it. But if I had to choose between the two, the all-time worst stage for splat zones has to be Piranha Pit in my opinion. I know can't be the only one with problems on these stages.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Rainmaker Kelp Dome and Splat Zones Mahi Mahi are both pretty awful.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Have a more distinct dislike towards particular combinations (Rainmaker Hammerhead and Port Zones come to mind), but if i have to pick one it'd be Pit. Pit Zones is way too easy to defend and drags on way too much, while Pit Tower has a really odd path that can easily be stalled with. It's saying something that Pit Rainmaker is actually fun but they had to change large chunks of the stage to make it playable.

Pit seems to be made for Turf War and not so much for Ranked.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
I enjoy sniping on Pit, so by extension I don't mind it that much.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Zones on Museum d'Alfonsino. For one, it's way too common on the stage rotation. For two, I can find any really good spots where I won't be harassed by E-liters or non-moving spots. I find it very hard to take the zone if the enemy takes it unles I have that suction bomb rush.

JonRossy

Inkling
NNID
Jonandalex
As a Dynamo main, Moray Towers and Port Mackerel are absolutely awful to me. Even though I could switch to weapons that work better, I'm at my best with the dynamo. And it's always set up in rotation where one of my favorite stages (museum or walleye) are paired with my worst stages. I usually end up getting stuck playing on my bad stages haha the game is just too evil!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Port Mackerel Zones is a bit of a pain. I remember a match where neither team got control until we were 4 minutes in.

Saltspray Rig is irritating. I'm awful at first pushes so I lose more often than not on this map. Besides, it's completely unbalanced with right-side peeking.

Ancho-V in general is just weird to me, I can't seem to find a good way to handle this map. Especially on Tower Control.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
For every ranked mode, I would say Port. The way the map is designed, full team kills are very easy to do. The zones are so far apart, it can lead to annoying full five minute matches. The rainmaker's attack can completely stonewall advancement for the other team. And the tower is difficult to defend when you are riding it, since an enemy can come out of anywhere to get the drop on you.

Even in turf wars, it's very easy for one team to completely shut the other in. I still like the map, I perform pretty well there usually, but it's very stressful a lot of the time.

maxie

Full Squid
its weird to see that so many people dislike piranha pit zones, i personally think its one of the best ranked modes but its all down to playstyle i guess

but anyway, moray towers in general is just......awful. im guessing the chargers must be having a lot of fun but the rest of us certainly arent

saltspray too, i just wont play solo when those are in the rotation, no exceptions

i have a problem with walleye tc too because it seems that the enemy team are on the tower for like 5 seconds and are already at 50, that might just be me though. i also find hammerhead rm, triggerfish tc and bluefin rm terrifying in their own ways but its bearable as long as im not the one w the rainmaker/on the tower

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
im guessing the chargers must be having a lot of fun but the rest of us certainly arent
Snipers aren't nearly as great in Moray TC though. I find blasters and rush-down weapons to be more effective.

Peachfanclub

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Peachfanclub
I particularly don't enjoy playing Museum d'Alfonsino. I seem to suck every time I play that stage, especially in Tower Control, when the tower is so high up that I can't reach it and I have to resort to combat near my base. I've yet to play Rainmaker and Splat Zones there, tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom