Would anyone else like to see competitive tournaments for specific weapon classes?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I was doing some thinking and I notice that in general the meta is very shooter heavy in that every competitve team runs at least one. As a result, certain weapon classes seem to be rarely used or just left in the dust. But what if their were tournaments that showcased specific classes like rollers or dualies? You could still run shooter tournaments in this format but you could also run slosher tournaments, charger tournaments, ect and really help give each class a time to shine. What do you think?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Having all eight players on the same weapon class is a cute for a two hour Challenge Battle rotation, but it's also something that wears out its welcome in about, well, two hours. I don't think it would make for a good tournament, and you'd have a hard time even finding full teams of players who can all take it seriously.

Ironically, Shooters-only would have the most chance of being successful, both in terms of teams being able to play it and in terms of being able to make a comp out of it.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Having all eight players on the same weapon class is a cute for a two hour Challenge Battle rotation, but it's also something that wears out its welcome in about, well, two hours. I don't think it would make for a good tournament, and you'd have a hard time even finding full teams of players who can all take it seriously.

Ironically, Shooters-only would have the most chance of being successful, both in terms of teams being able to play it and in terms of being able to make a comp out of it.
I see your point, but that's why I have a suggestion. In this format each person would have to run a unique weapon from that class. That way it wouldn't be dominated by just Shot or Splash. If the weapons don't have enough weapons to support a full team, alternate kits would be allowed. I think plenty of people could take it seriously like say, to be the rest roller team in the world. Let's face it, this would be the only way weapons like the Big Swig kits would ever have a chance of seeing competitive play. You might not like the idea and find it cute, but I would take something like this very seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom