• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Booyah Battle!

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Two questions,

1. Does everyone on my team need a reddit, and a challonge?

We've changed sign-ins, so you only need a team challonge. However, as one of the prizes is Reddit Gold, it would be recommended to have a reddit account to properly receive that prize.

2. Can I enter 2 teams from the same clan?
Yes. Just make sure that on Challonge, register two different teams (alpha and beta)

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Spades are signed up. glhf for everyone involved.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
now just to make sure.
2 players are able to sub in each match. By this you mean set and not game correct?

Also really like the OP, can't wait to participate.
Green Team is signed up, getting our challenge accounts, and all getting reddit accounts.
Sounds like a good time

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
now just to make sure.
2 players are able to sub in each match. By this you mean set and not game correct?

Also really like the OP, can't wait to participate.
Green Team is signed up, getting our challenge accounts, and all getting reddit accounts.
Sounds like a good time
Yes.

For clarification, every match will have 1 bo5 set, while grand finals can potentially have 2 bo7 sets.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
AAAAAND Signups are up! New date is on 8/30!
That's kind of too bad. Not sure if playing between the Sunday night and Monday morning is the best idea. Tournament would be starting 10PM my time. That's why I like tournaments taking place on Saturday. In any case good luck with this! I like how the OP looks.

Stan64

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stan64
I signed up our EU squad from Blooper Ink. The information says that you need to fill out the sign up form right otherwise your entry is rejected. It only asked for a team name though and looked through both the thread here and on Reddit and couldn't find any more information. Did you simplify the process?

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
I signed up our EU squad from Blooper Ink. The information says that you need to fill out the sign up form right otherwise your entry is rejected. It only asked for a team name though and looked through both the thread here and on Reddit and couldn't find any more information. Did you simplify the process?
Yeah, we simplified the process.

Also, holy crap we hit the max number of teams. However, you can still sign up as there may be a chance that a previous team is unable to check-in.

Last edited:

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
So to be sure. To have officially signed up.
We sign up the team on challonge, put the members onto the team. and also have everyone make a reddit (although not sure for what purpose).
?
On Sunday for check-in, everyone on team needs to sign in, even the 7th to 8th person on squad? what if they aren't available at that time but are later? Can they still be used in the touranment?

edit: ahhhh the power of rereading.
-the reddit post
"If you are unable to be present in the Discord lobby, but are still able to play for your team, you MUST let us know during the check-in period. If your team fails to have the minimum number of people show up, we will have to disqualify you."

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
So to be sure. To have officially signed up.
We sign up the team on challonge, put the members onto the team. and also have everyone make a reddit (although not sure for what purpose).
?
On Sunday for check-in, everyone on team needs to sign in, even the 7th to 8th person on squad? what if they aren't available at that time but are later? Can they still be used in the touranment?

edit: ahhhh the power of rereading.
-the reddit post
"If you are unable to be present in the Discord lobby, but are still able to play for your team, you MUST let us know during the check-in period. If your team fails to have the minimum number of people show up, we will have to disqualify you."
I'll make a post about this tomorrow, but yes, as long as you have the minimum number of people when the event starts, you'll be fine. I will ask captains for a team roster, however.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Boy I love sitting in lobby with all 8 players waiting for the TO to let us start. Great tourney m8

Kappa

Paradise

Inkling
NNID
ES-Paradise
The decisions made so far have made this tournament a complete mess. Who believed that it would be a good idea to force teams each round to wait for the slowest match to be played out to completion before any other matches can take place? At this point Spades has been waiting for over an hour with no new opponent even though most matches have been completed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom