• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Calamari Cup v1.1

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
But honestly, let's keep this thread on topic (couch beds are superior anyway >_>)

In other news, we now have a super sweet banner by the one and only @Demiose, thanks so much :3 I also tweaked the links a bit and changed the font color to match with the new banner, hope you like it ^^

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Thanks everyone for signing up so far :3 I'd like to point 8/16 of the available spots are now taken, so if you want a chance to compete in the Calamari Cup, please sign up asap!

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Yoo so @Judd is our team gonna compete in this? i won't be able to play but it'll be fun seeing how far we can get

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Aww, Discord is a requirement? Is there any other way we can check in?
FYI, all you have to do is click on the link the TO gives you and it all runs in your web browser without having to install anything. You don't need to download anything, add anyone to a friends list, etc. Talk in text chat with your TO and opponents' captains in the same tab. For communication between captains and TO's, there's really no better way to do it and just going to the website and talking in the chat is no burden to you as a captain. There's no reason not to use Discord for this.

RosyDawn

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PinkDawn
Players can be swapped in between matches but not in between games
Please define these terms. Does "match" mean a group of games, like semi finals, finals, against the same team? So once you go into a set of games against a team with four players, those same four players have to play all the games against that team?

Also, I've very happy you've limited one team per squad. Diversity in teams is important to keeping this community healthy.

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Please define these terms. Does "match" mean a group of games, like semi finals, finals, against the same team? So once you go into a set of games against a team with four players, those same four players have to play all the games against that team?

Also, I've very happy you've limited one team per squad. Diversity in teams is important to keeping this community healthy.
Sorry for the confusion, but your understanding is correct. Each 'Best of' between two teams is a match, which consists of several games. Unless you have a major problem with a player DC'ing within a match, the 4 players you have chosen must be the ones to play all the games in that specific match!

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Thanks everyone for signing up so far :3 I'd like to point 8/16 of the available spots are now taken, so if you want a chance to compete in the Calamari Cup, please sign up asap!
Team Quetzalcoatl Gold is signed up right? I forgot to ask when I signed up a couple days ago.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Team Quetzalcoatl Gold is signed up right? I forgot to ask when I signed up a couple days ago.
That's right, thanks for signing up ^^

And also thanks again everyone for all the (positive) feedback so far. We've already got half the spots filled in less than 48 hours with hopefully more to come. I'm sure this'll be a fun tourney :3

hero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ftwhero
Dynamite signed up! i hope i did everything right

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
C- signed up a few hours ago, could you please verify?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
How many spots does that leave? I'm looking to sign up one of our teams, but I'm waiting on confirmation that at least 4 of us can make it. Hopefully you'll see something from @DeltaFixer and IU Water shortly!

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
C- signed up a few hours ago, could you please verify?
Verified :3
How many spots does that leave? I'm looking to sign up one of our teams, but I'm waiting on confirmation that at least 4 of us can make it. Hopefully you'll see something from @DeltaFixer and IU Water shortly!
Sprayze Clan signed up a few minutes ago, so that leaves us with 4 more spots left. I haven't seen anything from IU yet, but you can always change the teams' roster later if it's at least 24 hours before the tourney begins, remember.
Sprayze is signed up. Trolled Blast in the form. Get Wrecked Blast!
I saw. Your humor is always timelessly hilarious, John, props to you >_>

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Attention team leaders!
Given sign-ups are almost over, this is a reminder for all the team leaders to JOIN THE CALAMARI CUP DISCORD!

Link can be found here.
Also, change your name so you can label yourself as the leader of your corresponding team. This can be done under the user settings.
If you absolutely despise using anything other than Skype or can't use Discord for any reason, please PM me so we can figure out your situation.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom