Cross-browser current and upcoming Turf War and Ranked maps (and game type) [English]

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Could I bother you to make an XML sheet that has the information as well, so I could make an app for desktop?

Something like;

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<now>
    <stage_1>Walleye Warehouse</stage_1>
    <stage_2>Flounder Heights</stage_2>
    <mode>Splat Zones</mode>
    <time>10am - 2pm</time>
</now>
<next>
    <stage_1>Urchin Underpass</stage_1>
    <mode>Splat Zones</mode>
    <time>2pm - 6pm</time>
</next>
<later>
    <stage_1>Kelp Dome</stage_1>
    <stage_2>Moray Towers</stage_2>
    <mode>Tower Control</mode>
    <time>6pm - 10pm</time>
</later>
</xml>

Casperr

Full Squid
Could I bother you to make an XML sheet that has the information as well, so I could make an app for desktop?

Something like;

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<now>
    <stage_1>Walleye Warehouse</stage_1>
    <mode>Splat Zones</mode>
    <time>10am - 2pm</time>
</now>
<next>
    <stage_1>Urchin Underpass</stage_1>
    <mode>Splat Zones</mode>
    <time>2pm - 6pm</time>
</next>
<later>
    <stage_1>Kelp Dome</stage_1>
    <stage_2>Moray Towers</stage_2>
    <mode>Tower Control</mode>
    <time>6pm - 10pm</time>
</later>
</xml>
Hey dude. There is a JSON feed already available from Splatoon.ink (that's what I'm using). Can you work with that, or do you NEED XML?
http://splatoon.ink/schedule.json

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
"There appears to have been a problem loading any more future maps from the feed. Please refresh the page or check back later to see the next rotation."

It's currently showing only the maps for two rotations from now.

splatoon.ink/schedule.json appears to be working normally.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Having the same problem here. I don't think it has anything to do with the Japanese Splatfest since it's supposed to be two days away, but it's still inconvenient.

Casperr

Full Squid
"There appears to have been a problem loading any more future maps from the feed. Please refresh the page or check back later to see the next rotation."

It's currently showing only the maps for two rotations from now.

splatoon.ink/schedule.json appears to be working normally.
Having the same problem here. I don't think it has anything to do with the Japanese Splatfest since it's supposed to be two days away, but it's still inconvenient.
Thanks both for flagging this issue. It turned out to be a problem with the Splatoon.ink API. Although the feed had 3 rotations in it, it wasn't updating. So at the time you were looking it was one behind (the one at the top of the JSON was the one that had just passed). This seemed to continue until the feed was completely out of date but was fixed again about 30 minutes into the next rotation and has been stable since.

It's probably just the case that the Splatoon.ink creator's login cookie/session expired on http://splatoon.nintendo.net (of course I'm basing that on the assumption that they are remotely scraping data from this page, although I can't imagine any other way of doing it). I would love to chat with the creator on how they're doing it, but I spoke to another developer on Reddit who said the .ink creator didn't want to be known at the time, so if you are reading this and want to chat nerdy web stuff feel free to DM me. Otherwise, the service is great and unfortunately these things will happen due to the fact there is no official feed from Nintendo.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
I think the Japanese site may have changed how they do the times. Were they always displayed in local time zone, or did they used to be set to Japan's time zone? Anyway, when I call your get-maps.php with only timezone and not time I get the correct output.

Casperr

Full Squid
I think the Japanese site may have changed how they do the times. Were they always displayed in local time zone, or did they used to be set to Japan's time zone? Anyway, when I call your get-maps.php with only timezone and not time I get the correct output.
It's displaying the wrong maps and not showing the third set
Thanks both for letting me know and Locke for taking the time to try and work out what was going on! It was actually an issue in a calculation in my get-maps file where I wasn't properly taking timezone into account so it was working fine for GMT, but then not properly calculating for anywhere else which explains why omitting time was then working it out correctly for you.

It should now be fine, but I would be super grateful if either of you guys could confirm this, please?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Well, I'll be using this all the time, thank you!

Casperr

Full Squid
This doesn't grab Splatfest data though.
I can only grab publicly available data. If you know anywhere official that this is shown online please let me know and I'll see if I can pull it!

Bear in mind, whilst one region is in Splatfest there is usually one or two regions which aren't, so their normal rotation still needs to be shown

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Yeah I think it's best as-is, showing the non-splatfest data. At most, maybe a separate note indicating splatfests in different regions (afaik it'd have to be done manually though - except japanese splatfest which can be found here during the splatfest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom