Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salveon

Inkling
NNID
Salveon
I have one last question before I can make final validation of my team:
Clipboards fill up the entirety of the Mii name slot, so would it be possible for us to use Clip as our Team Tag and and boards as our actual names so we can all stay using the name Clipboards?

Also out of my own curiosity, you say that the top four teams will win a banner by @RocketClaucher, is this for reddit or for signatures or what? I'm just really curious and wondering if you had any example of what it may look like.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Clipboards fill up the entirety of the Mii name slot, so would it be possible for us to use Clip as our Team Tag and and boards as our actual names so we can all stay using the name Clipboards?

Also out of my own curiosity, you say that the top four teams will win a banner by @RocketClaucher, is this for reddit or for signatures or what? I'm just really curious and wondering if you had any example of what it may look like.
You could use CB for your tag followed by a person's regular name if you wanted.

I'm not the one making the banners, but I would guess that yeah, it would be something for signatures.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to help everyone out here. I'm not official!

(P.S. Sorry if I'm coming across as like rude or anything. If you want me to stop trying to answer questions than I'll stop. :) )

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising

Rocket will be starting work on it soon. @RocketClauncher will put up a sample of it when he has one done

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Can we get a predictions thread or something like that? This is a pretty big event. Nvm, nobody would have a single clue of what to predict. Anyway, are we going to have a direct list of what streams we can watch? Also, are mode choices and map picking confirmed to be in the update?
We will make a streaming list when the date becomes close. And mode choices and map pickings are also confirmed.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
To be fair, as we get further down the line, teams of 4-8 people will form and stick within squads of more people. I'm not going to argue right now with this because we really need to get one tournament under our belts and see how it plays out. However, for future tournaments, I might suggest a two team per squad limit.

Just roll with it for now and maybe (in like 3 tournaments or so we'll get a thread that we can start on a blank slate with tournament rules/match rules/things of the sort.
This is just a practice tournament for all of us. Hopefully I can learn about splatoon tournaments along with the rest of my Tournament Committee so that we can provide more quality tournaments in the future. We are sorry if some people disagree with the rules and we hope to accomadate you all as best as we can. We just need to get through one tournament guys, and we are trying our hardest.

Thanks for understanding! :)

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I gotta agree with this. This is-- along with making sure my team is ready-- partially why I am holding off. It just gives huge teams a pretty unfair advantage. I thought the point of keeping it at 7 players was to make sure this didn't happen. When 8 players were allowed, I assumed it was for 4 main players and 4 subs.
I gotta agree with this. This is-- along with making sure my team is ready-- partially why I am holding off. It just gives huge teams a pretty unfair advantage. I thought the point of keeping it at 7 players was to make sure this didn't happen. When 8 players were allowed, I assumed it was for 4 main players and 4 subs.
I'm sorry that I was note able to explain the rules more clearly. This is only a test tournament and won't count towards the ladder in any way, shape or form. In future Tournaments we will make sure to enforce a rule based on this.

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
We in there.

Team Name: Squid Squad Spades
Team Leader: Symph
Skype of team leader: symphonia46
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Symph - Symphonia46 | Rahcazerx - Rahcazerx | Ezreal - Ezreal253 | Paradise - ES-Paradise | LSDJ - LittleSoundDJ | BrTarolg - BrTarolg
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SS-S
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: EDT (GMT-4)
Added a member to the roster.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Wait, this wont count towards the ladder? That is discouraging.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
I think one of the ladder admins said it might on page 3.

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Alright everyone! We have concurred in the Tournament Committee skype chat and we have found that we are just going to start on this date. There will be no specific start time and no specific end time. however we will have a time that each round must be finished by. For example, The first round must be completed in two days. You have the leader of the other team must find a time to do it. We will make a skype group with all of the leaders to go over who is doing what matchup and what the rules are in case of any confusion.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Thanks!
:)
Will there be longer deadlines for weekdays during the tournament? As we're on the other side of the world I'm not sure that my team will be able to find time outside of work/sleeping hours that also corresponds with good times in the US. Realistically I imagine the only times we're going to be available is weekends...

Also I must mildly protest the rule about having to have squad names in our tags - if I manage to assemble a group for this tournament it'll be a bunch of friends hanging out, having fun, possibly even doing me a favour by joining my team. Names are a personal thing and I'll feel like a jerk making them comply with some teamname that I think up (it'll almost certainly be lame). If I register all squad members in advance I'm not sure if the team tag actually adds any value to the tournament anyway, so disqualification on those grounds seems a bit odd.

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
Team Name: Inkbrush Bucket Brigade
Team Leader: Shuckle :Master-Shuckle
Skype of team leader: Ferrethero
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Vid :C13fairy I RJ :Mendozaz I Mutebard :Csevere I PSKM : Poksonkirmar I Star :Star-Kun I Seether :Seether_32 I Ashlee :KikyoTheHedgehog I Solo :Solcalibur
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ∞¥

Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): NO
Main timezone of team: EST

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
Team Name: Inkbrush Bucket Brigade
Team Leader: Shuckle :Master-Shuckle
Skype of team leader: Ferrethero
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Vid :C13fairy I RJ :Mendozaz I Mutebard :Csevere I PSKM : Poksonkirmar I Star :Star-Kun I Seether :Seether_32 I Ashlee :KikyoTheHedgehog I Solo :Solcalibur
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ∞¥

Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): NO
Main timezone of team: EST
Also to note some of our backup members cannot use Team speak, we can only use skype for those members when they play, but we normally use Dolby for talking to each other.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Also to note some of our backup members cannot use Team speak, we can only use skype for those members when they play, but we normally use Dolby for talking to each other.
TeamSpeak is also not a requirement. Thanks for entering!

fabz97

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jr_Flex3689
Team Name: Squiddernauts Omega
Team Leader:
Fabz/Jr_Flex3689
Skype of team leader: nooneelsebutfabian
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Draco/ninjadude360
Boi/BranMk
Icon/savielesq
Team Tag (2-4 Characters):